Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost Phone eyre square

Options
  • 22-06-2009 5:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭

hi my 15 year old came home today after a school field trip in eyre square.
    she was given this morning for her birthday (today 22nd june) a new LG KS360 in pink (€100), she is in a complete state as its her birthday present.
    i have had the phone locked by o2, so it is useless too anyone now, but can be unlocked by myself should it be found, also called mill street garda, and asked in the information centre in eyre square.

think this is a huge shot in the dark, but thought give it a try.
    thanks claire

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

aw jeez

hope you find it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭Tomebagel

hope ye find it but the odds arent great,
    however its a fairly unique looking phone so you never know,

a pic for anyone just incase

lg-ks360.jpg

*hope thats the right phone:cool:'google images'

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Maybe try putting up some posters in the areas she might have lost it. Was there a bus involved that it might be left on? Was it insured?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭ukgalwaymcguire

ScumLord wrote: »
    Maybe try putting up some posters in the areas she might have lost it. Was there a bus involved that it might be left on? Was it insured?

no wasnt insured, but too be honest this is her own fault
    yes its her birthday and she is 15, but she was walking around eyre square and shop street with it, attached too her wrist by a strap.
    she then sat on a bench with her friends in eyre square opposite supermacs, and just walked off forgetting it was there.

to be honest i am livid!!! to say the least.
    we moved too galway from london last august, and if she had paraded around like that anywhere in london, she wouldnt have just lost her phone, thats asking for trouble.
    so if this phone is found ( cat in hells chance i think!!) she WILL NOT
    be having it!! i will either keep it, or sell it on ebay, as she has shown
    she is irresponsible.
    yes anyone can loose a phone, but she was blatanly asking for something too happen.. all too show off to the world
    (oh to be 15 again.. no thank you lol)

i cant thank you enough for your help, everyone i truly appreciate your input

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭murfinho

jeebus, that's harsh! :)

hope it turns up for you, so you can... sell it in ebay, think you may have discouraged anyone from giving it back now!

I've lost loads of phones ! :)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

hi my 15 year old came home today after a school field trip in eyre square.
    she was given this morning for her birthday (today 22nd june) a new LG KS360 in pink (€100), she is in a complete state as its her birthday present.
    i have had the phone locked by o2, so it is useless too anyone now, but can be unlocked by myself should it be found, also called mill street garda, and asked in the information centre in eyre square.

Do 15 yr olds' school year not finish at the end of May?
    Call O2 and block the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Lesson learned the hard way I suppose. On the plus side they're always the ones you remember.

i can sell it on ebay.. because i can get it unlocked by o2, no one else can

as for harsh.. this little girl has lost 2 brand new ipods as well in the not so distant past.

and yes the secondary schools have broken up.. but she is on a school club thing for the week.. her year all getting together with the teachers
    doing various activitys, today was a treasure hunt in shop street and eyre square.

also a lesson learnt for me i think, i need too see some responsible behaviour

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

2 ipods and now a phone...

no wonder you are livid, that's the guts of €500 pissed away. hope ye find it, for her sake! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

Was she drinking?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭Tomebagel

doubt it if she was with her teacher:eek:

jenno86 wrote: »
    Was she drinking?

no.. i may have bought a expensive phone for a teenager who is
    forgetfull to say the least, but im not a parent who allows that kind of thing.

Bugger.

Hope she finds it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

to
    too
    two

• Closed Accounts Posts: 645 ✭✭✭TriceMarie

Hmmm..is she certain she left it on a bench?
    Maybe it was on the bus?
    Ring the bus company anyway,no harm in trying.

I lost my phone 3 months ago on a night out in Galway.
    Wasn't sure if it was in the club or taxi.
    So I rang the taxis and the next night,one of the drivers came up the phone.
    I thought I'd never see it again,so don't give up hope!:p
    And Galway people are very friendly and helpful:D

Advertisement