Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancelling digiweb connection

Options
  • 22-06-2009 5:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭

Im cancelling my conection with digiweb and moving to 3. I have paid for the year already with digiweb so do they give you a refund of the balance when you cancel your acc with them-im no longer in contract.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

You do realise that 3 isn't and won't ever be Broadband? Often it may not connect. However if you need Mobile / portable occasional use of Web pages and email it may suit.

Why not ring Digiweb and see?

Paying for a year is a contract. They as part of that can't charge more and have to supply you.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

ASIL1983 wrote: »
    Im cancelling my conection with digiweb and moving to 3. I have paid for the year already with digiweb so do they give you a refund of the balance when you cancel your acc with them-im no longer in contract.

You might regret that move. If you are not on the move with a laptop stay where you are or look at other ISP's in your area.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055115306

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭ASIL1983

Really i only want the mobile broadband for browsing-i dont download anything. From what ive heard its fine for doing just this-perhaps i should try out the 14 day trial before i cancel digiweb??

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Absolutely. It only needs 20 people in your area using it at once to make it like dialup. If in the coming year the number of people using it near you doubles you can have 1/3rd to 1/4 speed or even be unable to connect. See Midband forum.

Advertisement