Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

childcare

• 22-06-2009 6:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭

we moved from limerick a while back were i payed 20 a week childcare for my kids it was run local ,
    since i moved here i had to fork out 150 a week for each child i paid it even though i didn't have it so my child could go to school shes 4 my 3 yr old had to stay at home couldnt pay for 2 of them thankfully its the summer coz i cant afford it any more and im dreading september any one no of cheaper pre-schools she goes for the interaction of the other kids and coz she likes to learn

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

What pre school in waterford was charging €150 p/w

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Math Coke

Waterford City Childcare Committee have a list of all registered childcare providers in the city. I would suggest getting in touch with them. Depending on your child's age he or she may benefit from the free preschool from 01/10. Also if you are able to be with your child you could try out some of the parent and toddler groups eg. bumps and babes in Ardkeen Community Centre from 11.00 to 1.00 pm on Wednesdays. Also leizurezone Mondays and Fridays for Bumps and Babes Parents is €4.00 per family (only pre-schoolers) and includes cuppa. Hope it works out for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭alrightcuz

all we could find down here was places like jig-saw, waterford childcare center,tiny-tots etc and they all charged the same so we just chose the one we liked , we heared of a place near the lesuire center that was a community one but they were full and couldn't take her

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭beaushalloe

it really depends on what you are looking for, if it is full time childcare, i.e. 7.30 to 5.45 then yes it will mostly cost 150 euro a week, but you can also avail of part time places for a lesser charge. bear in mind that that most of the places you mentioned are private creches that provide a pre school curriculum. there are mostly playgroups that are in shcool grounds that are state subsidized, but on the whole these are usually mornings only.

like the pp said contact the local childcare committee for a full list of childcare/preschool options in the city.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭recharge

alrightcuz wrote: »
    all we could find down here was places like jig-saw, waterford childcare center,tiny-tots etc and they all charged the same so we just chose the one we liked , we heared of a place near the lesuire center that was a community one but they were full and couldn't take her

Williamstown, I have my little one in here and if you can get yours in do. Keep trying.
    Cant really say enough for the staff and their set-up. Really top notch.

Have a friend working in jig-saw and she said she wouldnt even send her own kids there. Says alot really.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Bumbleroot

Why would she not send her own child to jigsaw is it because of the cost or other reasons?
    I'm sure her employers would not be happy if they knew she was dissing the place at the end of the day if no childrern go there then she'll have no job!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭recharge

Im sure they would and im sure you work there aswell, (1st post!!) They reckon the same attention is not given to the kids as its more commerical run place than a community childcare place. Just their opinions which their entitled to. I was out there aswell and ive seen better places imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭tomcollins97

alrightcuz wrote: »

Hey - are you not the guy on the limerick forum who said that putting kid into childcare all day makes them commit suicide????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭alrightcuz

yea its me tom
    the kids woundnt be in childcare all day just for 3 hours in the morning twice,three times a week so they get to play with kids and make friends,,its for them, what u were saying was that parents that push the kids around in buggys allday are a disgrace and i said people that put kids in childcare from 8am to 6.00pm 5 days a week are worse.

Advertisement