Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS3 Hacks

Options
  • 22-06-2009 6:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭

http://www.ps3-hacks.com/

Loads of interesting stuff in here if you are interested.

I like :
    • MegaBox Homebrew Project.
      PS3 Megabox essentially acts as a full-fledged media server with plenty of extra goodies. Software, including Firefox, emulators, P2P, VoIP
      , games, etc... Launch PS3 games (blu-rays, not ISOs) directly from the menu. Megabox is also compatible with a variety of TV USB devices. Radio/TV Internet streaming, record shows, etc... You name it. It's quite impressive.
    • Open Remote Play.
      Access your PS3 Remote Play setup on Windows or Mac OS X. ORP_Export for the PSP included.

I stumbled across this site when looking for a way to run emulators on the PS3 without Swap Magic.
    Gonna test some of it tonight and ill post back some results.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Moved to console modding forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Damn , some day Kinetic I'll get it right.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Bonavox

Is this legal? Can it harm your console?

Sorry, I just want these two answered as I really love my PS3!

Also, does it void warranty?

Thanks!

I was playing around with it last night, the Swiss Army Knife or SAK looks good, seemingly you can rip a blu ray to your internal or external hard drive.
    I will have to test that tonight.

I would say it is legal as well. Playstation provide you with the option to install another OS and most of these mods are a homebrew linux OS really.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Hmmm, not gonna steal my credit card details or anything no? :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Just downloaded it. Now how the hell do i install it? :P (Don't need to formant my hard disk or anything no?)

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Megabox looked interesting, until I noticed that HDMI isn't supported. Hopefully soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

byte wrote: »
    Megabox looked interesting, until I noticed that HDMI isn't supported. Hopefully soon.

Eh that's not good at all.

Did they get half decent flash player in to Megabox?

I was playing around with it last week, didnt get very far but will try again this week, snowed under at the work.

I did do a lot of googling and watching youtube videos, the good thing is you cant really affect your existing PS3 operating system.

I burned the ISO for MEGABOX to a cd, installed another OS with the otheros file, after a reboot i could see the new burned cd, selected it and it just stopped.

After holding down the power button for two beeps got back to ps3 normal system.

Theres always this emulator as well :

http://www.ps3-hacks.com/forums/about6410.html

• Advertisement
Advertisement