Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

banned from BGRH........confused

Options
  • 22-06-2009 6:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭

I posted a pic of an overweight woman on the female appreciation thread and got banned.

I did not read the charter before i posted, but im sure discrimination is not part of the charter. Who says overweight females should not be appreciated???

THAEDYDAL does.

Still, i posted a female and i feel a lot of men/women out there do appreciate this type of woman.

The thread is full of goodlooking, skinny stereotypes. I thought id cater for the few instead of the many.

THAEDYDAL banned me, i feel it unfairly, it has been my first confliction to "rules" on boards and i feel a simple pm and warning would have sufficed.

It just seems to me that the mod is discriminating against overweight people. My point is valid no matter what way you look at it. There are people who appreciate this type of person, therefore, it is in the right forum, the "female appreciation thread"...

now if i had posted the pic in the "only goodlooking, skinny girls thread" i would accept a banning, I admit I am not attracted to this type of person, but many, many people are.

I RENOUNCE ALL I MENTIONED IN MY ABOVE POST.....THE MOD IS CORRECT FOR THE BANNING

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Along with your picture, you post the following:
    benwavner wrote:
    For our "chunky lover" friends among us!!!

Not me tho...................*pukes into shoe*

Not for one second am I entertaining your 'unfair' ban.
    You deserved it and you know it.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

First up, I fully accept that the picture was not the worst I have seen.

However, taken in the context of BGRH, it was yet another example why having a picture thread causes nothing but hassle for the moderators. We have already closed another thread of pictures that descended into misogyny, abusive comments and general nastiness.

As such, we have asked people to follow some fairly straight forward, simple rules. You did not do that.
    benwavner wrote: »
    The thread is full of goodlooking, skinny stereotypes. I thought id cater for the few instead of the many.

I honestly don't believe that was your intention.
    THAEDYDAL banned me, i feel it unfairly, it has been my first confliction to "rules" on boards and i feel a simple pm and warning would have sufficed.

Unfortunately, we have to take a stand. The picture was not in the spirit of the forum and may make some people feel uncomfortable.
    It just seems to me that the mod is discriminating against overweight people. My point is valid no matter what way you look at it. There are people who appreciate this type of person, therefore, it is in the right forum, the "female appreciation thread"..

There is no discrimination. Taken from the charter, under the pictures and images section:
    We don't moderate heavily on this forum, but this is an area where we will be taking a zero tolerance policy.

Advertisement