Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cyclical depression

Options
  • 22-06-2009 6:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭

Ive only realised in the last week that this is what i have so im just gonna share a few thoughts on it.

I usually get it about once every 4 or 5 months i cant think of anything that triggers it but i do notice i get really bad palptitations at the start and my sleep then goes out the window i get a really kinda heavy sensation in my head it's hard to explain its like a weight inside my brain

I become very irritable and snap at my nearest and dearest over the littlest things

It usually lasts for about 2 to 4 weeks the hardest part of it is the lack of sleep it takes me hours to fall alseep and when i do i wake up afer an hour or so unable to get back to sleep

Does anyone have an experience with depression like this where its
    cyclical

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

luckyfrank wrote: »
    Ive only realised in the last week that this is what i have so im just gonna share a few thoughts on it.

I usually get it about once every 4 or 5 months i cant think of anything that triggers it but i do notice i get really bad palptitations at the start and my sleep then goes out the window i get a really kinda heavy sensation in my head it's hard to explain its like a weight inside my brain

I become very irritable and snap at my nearest and dearest over the littlest things

It usually lasts for about 2 to 4 weeks the hardest part of it is the lack of sleep it takes me hours to fall alseep and when i do i wake up afer an hour or so unable to get back to sleep

Does anyone have an experience with depression like this where its
    cyclical

My suggestion would be speak to your GP and find your self a good psychotherapist. This link may help you forumalise you thoughts before you speak to someone check out the recurent depressive disorder. However, you need to speak to a profession.

http://www.mhsanctuary.com/depression/criteria.htm#rec

Best of luck with it.

Advertisement