Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advanced seach > have forums sorted alphabetically

Options
  • 22-06-2009 7:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭

Usually when I use advanced search its to find posts made by certain users in a certain forum, usually politics. However its kind of annoying searching through the huge list of forums in the drop-down-menu-like-thing* to find the one I'm looking for.

What would be nice is to have the option of having the list of forums sorted alphabetically so I could just type "p..." on my keyboard and get there quickly.

At the moment the spaces before, say, politics, prevent me from doing this.

:)

*as in a drop down menu with "size" > 1

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭turgon

You see the problem is that Firefox wont find politics if I type "p" because of the spaces before it. So a solution might be to have elements have padding on the left.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Conor

I'll see what I can do about this, but from memory I don't think you can have padding on an element in a multi-select.

I might be able to do something with access keys or some javascript.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Anychance we could have the find a forum from the new menu added to the search. A bit of tweaking would allow someone to add multiple forums to the search.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement