Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

grad robes

• 22-06-2009 7:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

heya

im graduating in august, finally :D anyone know what to do with robes, do UL organise them, or how does it work?

thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,632 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

They do and they don't. Kinda.

Basically, an envelope will arrive at your house with your 2 tickets (intended for parents) to the graduation and info on seating arrangements, times, etc. On one of the sheets of paper in the envelope, there will be info about the private crowd who supply the robes and how to order from them. The really small print will actually tell you about the deadline of when to order them by.

They can be ordered online and paid for by credit card. You will get a little reference number (I think i got mine by text) and you bring that on the day of graduation (usually an hour before it), spend ages queuing, and you get your robe. At least thats how they did it last year

Oh, and congrats :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭aoife2k

Sorry to intrude on this topic but seeing as the Lord mentioned it... what about siblings?? If there are only two tickets does that mean that any siblings or friends will have to wait outside?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,632 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

I think you're right. I remember seeing something about no further tickets being available. Hell, there might have even been some kind of minimum age rule too, but don't take my word for it

Trust me, siblings are better off staying outside, as it is extremely boring and OTT. Showing them where the rec area in the SU is would probably be the best option tbh

edit => oh, theres waiting for the pictures and for giving back the robes too. That's another big pile of fun

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

My grandparents get to come too since my aunt is graduating the same day as me:pac:
    But yes, it is only 2 tickets per graduating student.

I think the pool room idea is probably a good one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭bluedolphin

It is only two tickets per graduand, but if you go to the ticket office very early on the morning of your graduation you can ask if they have spare seats. Sometimes tickets are returned if people can't make it etc, and they have vacant seats. They probably won't be with the two seats pre-assigned to you, but it might be better than nothing. You do need to check early, however, as there probably aren't many vacancies! Also, the ceremony is broadcast on a big screen for those who don't make it into the Concert Hall.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭aoife2k

Sorry to intrude! But seein as it is all graduation talk... what time does the morning conferring start? I can't find times anywhere!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 N.Hobbit

Phelan Conan (yes the names for real) do the robes. You'll get all the info on times and that in the all important letter and email and follow up email(s). Believe me UL want you to be late about as much as you do.

Enjoy your polyester swaddled day (Pray its not a scorcher or you will pass out) - its great fun... well the ball part is:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Mossin

aoife2k wrote: »
    Sorry to intrude! But seein as it is all graduation talk... what time does the morning conferring start? I can't find times anywhere!!!

http://www2.ul.ie/web/WWW/Services/Student_Affairs/Student_Administration/Student_Academic_Administration/Graduations/Conferring_Schedule

That link has all your graduation needs [supposedly] It details the conferring schedule anyway.

BBS graduating Friday 28th @11:15am

Advertisement