Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NIB internet banking problems

Options
  • 22-06-2009 7:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

My mother is trying to get her account up and running but every time she logs in on internet explorer she gets to see the account info for a few seconds before IE crashes.
    She cant use it on Firefox for some reason because the password box only allows 6 characters but the password needs to be at least 8 apparently.
    Windows doesnt have any solutions and when it crashes IE just re-opens to the homepage.

I would appreciate if anyone has suggestions.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭kavanagh_h

Did you try to ring NIB? They were very helpful when I was logging in for the first time but that was a while ago. They should talk your mum through it and I am sure they would have it working on firefox.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

Yeah she has emailed them but they said they will ring her back and try and talk her through it.
    I just wanted to see if I could fix it myself somehow :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,119 ✭✭✭homer911

Ring them and ask for an ActivCard - tell them you have a Mac and the password wont work on it.

The ActivCard works much like the RaboDirect card - its a lot more convenient than the password files which have to exist on each computer you want to log on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

Thanks I might give that a try then.
    Im not familiar with the rabodirect card but is it the same thing as the AIB's code card?

They emailed back yesterday saying the the internet security settings arent right but they are ok I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

No - Rabodirect/NIB's security devices are small electronic devices - similar to a small calculator.

• Advertisement
Advertisement