Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

another recommendation please...

• 22-06-2009 7:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭

Hi all,

I'm looking for a new phone.

Ideally I'd like it to have these:
    • Wi-fi
    • HSDPA
    • Flash Browser
    • Symbian/S60 OS
    • Bluetooth
    It'd be nice if has:
    • small-ish
    • decent camera
    • good battery life
    I'm not too pushed about:
    • form factor
    • brand
    • touch-screen V keyboard
    Any ideas? Hope that's specific enough.

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,922 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

N95 8GB, N96 and N86 all fit the bill.

I suppose it just depends on how much you are willing to spend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Budget?

1st pref: Nokia N95/N95 8gb - Known performer, around awhile but still hard to beat and good value now.

2nd pref: Nokia 5800 - Very popular at the moment, new touchsreen

3rd pref: Nokia E66/E55 - Something a little slimmer

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭DRice

N86

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭stopped_clock

Thanks a lot. I'll see what kind of upgrade deal I get before deciding finally.

How 'businessy' are the N-series phones?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Not massively. They can do most business stuff but would be more aimed at the high end casual users. The E series phones would be nokias business line

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

Not massively. They can do most business stuff but would be more aimed at the high end casual users. The E series phones would be nokias business line

I was thinking of an answer to stopped_clock's question and couldn't really think of much the N series doesn't offer over the E series; bar business applications such as Quickoffice and PDF Viewer. The best way I'd describe the difference between both series would be that the N series offers the latest and best features first, more multi-media capabilities and are designed for the general consumer, while the E series offers less of the latest and best features, has adequate multi-media capabilities and is designed with the business user in mind.

Thanks a lot. I'll see what kind of upgrade deal I get before deciding finally.

How 'businessy' are the N-series phones?

Dont draw a line between the N and E series, its more about the form factor really. The E series has along the lines of a E71 with the full keyboard. You did not quite email in your initial request? If you had i would have suggested more along this line.

Davy wrote: »
    Dont draw a line between the N and E series, its more about the form factor really. The E series has along the lines of a E71 with the full keyboard. You did not quite email in your initial request? If you had i would have suggested more along this line.

Fair point about the email. I already have an iPod Touch which takes care of email, web browsing and media, so I don't really *need* any of those in the phone - I'd like to cut down on the overlap between devices where possible (which I could have said in my OP...).

I do quite a lot of travelling, so I could use IMAP email access and support for Office docs and the like. They wouldn't be critical though, since I can't see myself doing any spreadsheet work on a mobile device.

Thanks a million for the feedback - I think I'm now divided between the N95 (because it seems to have *everything*) and the E75 (because it's cheaper than the N95).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Ill draw as many lines as I like :P

• Advertisement

Thanks a million for the feedback - I think I'm now divided between the N95 (because it seems to have *everything*) and the E75 (because it's cheaper than the N95).

Cant be that much cheaper??? If your planning doing emails go for the E75 as its dedicated for it. The N95 is a bit smaller and has a beater camera.
    Ill draw as many lines as I like :P

I'l get you a colouring book :p

Cant be that much cheaper???

With my O2 upgrade it's €229 versus €299.

With my O2 upgrade it's €229 versus €299.

Is the the n95 the 8gb version?

You could get a sim version for cheaper than €299

Is the the n95 the 8gb version?

Yep - Seems to be the 8Gb version.
    You could get a sim version for cheaper than €299
    Sim version?

Yep - Seems to be the 8Gb version.

Sim version?

Sorry, mean to say sim free version. Plenty of options/shops that sell them. Always plenty of options on adverts.ie/ebay etc. Some will be brand new, still have warranty etc. It depends if it would suit you

Sorry, mean to say sim free version. Plenty of options/shops that sell them. Always plenty of options on adverts.ie/ebay etc. Some will be brand new, still have warranty etc. It depends if it would suit you

Oh ok - I'd assumed it'd be cheapest going with my upgrade etc. I've only ever got mobiles through the phone companies, so I'll have a look round.

Thanks!

I picked up an N95 via adverts.ie. Seems to fit the bill perfectly.

Thanks for the input.

Advertisement