Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strange smell when i switch on the immersion

Options
  • 22-06-2009 7:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭

Hello,

When i switch on the immersion, there is a really strange smell. Sort of smells like feet. Has anybody any idea what this may be?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Could easily be a loose connection which would cause the insulation on the cable to burn and stink. You should avoid using it until you get an electrician to check it out.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,591 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Are you sure it is not a burning smell? If so this could be caused by a bad connection and may be a fire hazzard.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭FruitLover

Do you usually switch it on barefoot?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,591 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

+ 1 Mr Magnolia

You beat me to it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭An Ard Ri

Could easily be a loose connection which would cause the insulation on the cable to burn and stink. You should avoid using it until you get an electrician to check it out.

Will do. Thanks for that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Doodoo

try washing your socks before putting them in the hotpress

Advertisement