Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help with stink of pooh!

Options
  • 22-06-2009 8:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭

Right,

my problem is, my 13 wk old puppys pooh stinks! Now dont get me wrong I was expecting it. But how do I manage the stink coming from out black bin out the front of our house?? Ive taken it out of the heat and trying to keep the bin in the shade to try calm the smell but its not really working. On adverage he is poohing twice a day. so at present we have a good 15-16 poohs in our bin in plastic pooper bags.. Bins are collected on Thursday but its too far away!

So is there anything I can do or any kind of spray I can get to calm the smell?

if not the neighbours will be knocking on my door ! Its right at the front kitchen window! :o

Also... Ive noticed an increase in the amount of tiny flies on the grass out the back just hovering? i presume its from the ..... you guessed it! dog pooh! as i never noticed it before....

So anyone shed on light on either problem for me?

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭WIZE

Sawdust will sort it .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

I know what you mean my kitten is the same sometimes what she leaves in the litter stinks the place out i use this stuff not only in the litter but also i use freezer bags to dispose of the stuff and pour a bit in each bag then seal the bag up with a double knot and thats the end of it :)

You could use this stuff or maybe there is some puppy equivalent

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

flush it down the loo instead

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Elliee

thanks for that GAAman, ill keep my eyes open for a dog version!

BVB, do you mean sawdust in the bin or on the grass out back? :o

thanks for the quick replies guys!

peasant wrote: »

posts crossed.

Honestly I never thought of it.. Would still have to dispose of the bag but it might cut down alot on the smell and if i use the sawdust too... Hopefully it'll be a win win!!

Nice one peasant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Is it just the heat or does the poop pong the minute the pup poops (try saying that 10 times fast) if the puppys poop pongs really badly perhaps gradually introduce a different brand of puppy food.
    What type of puppy food are you using atm?

Are you able to feed you dog dried puppy food.

I suggest you buy seperate small bin. everytime you put pooh in put a scoop of saw dust over it . that will take care of the smell.

I think were your puppy poohs you could put a drop of vinager on it but only a drop. I did this when my westie was a pup

At the moment Charlie is on Franks Pro Gold Puppy food.

Recommended by local pet store. He seems ok on it. the smell is not that bad when he does it. Its just the smell after the build up in the bin.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Flushing it is the best way. Same with cat poos. If you go around with a plastic scooper and drop the poos in the loo, then wash the scooper after each use, you'll be grand. (Keep scooper out of reach of small children for obvious reasons).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Bluefrog

Yup, I use a couple of kids' spades - works a treat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 anita15

Elliee wrote: »
    Right,

my problem is, my 13 wk old puppys pooh stinks! Now dont get me wrong I was expecting it. But how do I manage the stink coming from out black bin out the front of our house?? Ive taken it out of the heat and trying to keep the bin in the shade to try calm the smell but its not really working. On adverage he is poohing twice a day. so at present we have a good 15-16 poohs in our bin in plastic pooper bags.. Bins are collected on Thursday but its too far away!

So is there anything I can do or any kind of spray I can get to calm the smell?

if not the neighbours will be knocking on my door ! Its right at the front kitchen window! :o

Also... Ive noticed an increase in the amount of tiny flies on the grass out the back just hovering? i presume its from the ..... you guessed it! dog pooh! as i never noticed it before....

So anyone shed on light on either problem for me?

Cheers[/quote

hi
    there is a solution for this problem :oi dont know wat the thing is called but it should be in your back garden and it has a steele lid any waste from your toilet goes thru it ,just shovel up the pooh and then flush your toilet or mix some dettol in a bucket of water and bobs ur uncle,thats what we do and we have 4 dogs,keep cutting the grass this might help

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

peasant wrote: »
    Thats what i do too..no difference than our own. Just pick it up with kitchen roll and you're sorted. If you do put it in the bin a quick spray of bleach should kill the smell.

Advertisement