Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Training/exercise buddy

Options
  • 22-06-2009 8:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭

Hi, looking for a training buddy (exercise/fitness). Kildare....anyone looking to get off their ass and need a buddy for motivation and keep a good routine? :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Blue_Wolf

Your mates too lazy sara? Good idea should try that myself :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭sara025

i know nobody living in kildare, all my mates in dublin, and even if i lived right beside them they wouldnt be the type to move quickly for anything :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭WIZE

In training are you talking about Jogging or Gym

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭aodh_rua

What part of Kildare are you in? You might find some local fitness groups\clubs that would fit the bill.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭jb-ski

le Cheile athletics club are just starting an adult coaching group at
    Leixlip amenities.

All standards, not just serious athletes, perfect for beginners.

Check out le cheile website.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭lecheile

jb-ski wrote: »
    le Cheile athletics club are just starting an adult coaching group at
    Leixlip amenities.

All standards, not just serious athletes, perfect for beginners.

Check out le cheile website.

Thanks for mention JB - LeCheile AC like many of the clubs in Kildare hold adult Meet & Train sessions which are designed to get adults out and enjoying running as a social event or if interested to compete in some races. Check out your local club list here and give them a call. Dont be intimidated by the fact that its an athletic club, most cater for people of all levels, only requirement is to want to get fitter and to do it in a structured way!

Enjoy!

PS sessions in Leixlip are on wednesday evenings at 8pm, starting at the Le Chéile AC track behind the amenities centre - all welcome!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Rachelle

Hiya, wherabouts in Kildare are ya?
    Im in Athy - am from dublin myself and know hardly anybody down here!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

If you have a mountain bike or if you can beg, steal or borrow a mountain bike everyone is welcome to join in a casual and not-too-serious spin on next Saturday 18th of July, we're mostly using the Royal canal towpath from Lucan to Maynooth and back, 30km approx and you can impress your pals by telling them you cycled through two counties:), there's no compulsion on completing the route and there are shorter optional routes if people are feeling tired, I've posted this on the cycling forum as well so feel free to reply on either.
    Meet-up- Saturday 18th July 9:45am for 10am start, Lucan Demesne car park, opposite McDonalds, Old Celbridge Road, Lucan.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

vektarman wrote: »
    If you have a mountain bike or if you can beg, steal or borrow a mountain bike everyone is welcome to join in a casual and not-too-serious spin on next Saturday 18th of July, we're mostly using the Royal canal towpath from Lucan to Maynooth and back, 30km approx and you can impress your pals by telling them you cycled through two counties:), there's no compulsion on completing the route and there are shorter optional routes if people are feeling tired, I've posted this on the cycling forum as well so feel free to reply on either.
    Meet-up- Saturday 18th July 9:45am for 10am start, Lucan Demesne car park, opposite McDonalds, Old Celbridge Road, Lucan.

Late reminder for everyone:)

Advertisement