Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shenmue : ANY chance of a third......:-(

Options
  • 22-06-2009 8:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

I was doing a bit of cleaning the other day and happened to stumble across my old Dreamcast console along with a few games amongst them Shenmue and Shenmue II.
    Lot's of delicious gaming memories swamped my brain just looking at the cover's of these little gem's and I made some time to set up my Dreamcast and have some quality time with them.
    Shenmue is OUTSTANDING. Whether your a fan of RPG's, martial art's, Japanese culture, Bruce Lee movie's, amazing storyline's, beautifully modelled and INCREDIBLY authentic scenery or just plain bonker's for any type of eightie's stuff, this game has it ALL.
    The first time I can remember QTE's is from Shenmue. And every single one of them is executed so beautifully that you genuinely feel like you are INSIDE a game. And isn't this the defining aspiration for all RPG's, indeed all computer game's?
    I have a copy of Shenmue II for my xbox as well which will hopefully work on the 360.
    I did some internet scouring and despite some long-winded rumour's, Shenmue III seem's like something I'm not going to see in my lifetime.
    And this, my friend's, is a DAMN shame.
    Anybody with me on this one?
    :cool:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭LiNgWiStIkZ

I sincerely hope there will be a third. I wanna give that bastard Lan Di a piece of my mind!

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Lan Di

I sincerely hope there will be a third. I wanna give that bastard Lan Di a piece of my mind!

You want to give what to me?? Yeah I would love a third Shenmue game

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭wong

Don't think there will be a third. They cut the series when the dreamcast died. Would really love a third though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Rithim

A new Duke Nukem is more likely, aha.

Advertisement