Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3gp video length

• 22-06-2009 8:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭

how do i get my phone to take videos longer than 15 seconds? it used to before a software update. it is a nokia 6300 btw (s40).

Or

is there an app that can access the camera and record its own videos?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

Are you sure it's not being limited by the phone's available memory ?

Just a thought ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 590 ✭✭✭blaz

On my 3120 classic I activate the camera and then go to Options -> Settings. Then set "Video clip length" to "Max available". You can also adjust the "Video clip quality" (default is "Normal") and Video Resolution (I have set mine to 640x480). Hope this helps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Ye, the length of video is determined by the amount of memory left in the phone, you should check this out.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭jumbone

blaz wrote: »
    On my 3120 classic I activate the camera and then go to Options -> Settings. Then set "Video clip length" to "Max available". You can also adjust the "Video clip quality" (default is "Normal") and Video Resolution (I have set mine to 640x480). Hope this helps.

cheers, got it in one :D

If only i'd found out before slane on saturday...

I knew it wasn't memory related as i could take as many 15 sec clips as i wanted and i have about 800mb left on my card

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

blaz wrote: »

I never understood why they set 15 seconds as the default. Madness

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    I never understood why they set 15 seconds as the default. Madness

MMS>?

Advertisement