Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Synth Mods

• 22-06-2009 8:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭

Any of you guys Modify Synths ?

I see there's a great filter Mod on a Korg Poly 800

Reminds me of OMD and all that era of noises - which is the sound of the kids today !

http://www.synthmod.net/korg/moog_slayer/notes/

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Well I circuit bent my CASIO Sa 10 but that hardly counts tbh.... lol

Sounds crazy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭PaulBrewer

Well I circuit bent my CASIO Sa 10 but that hardly counts tbh.... lol

Sounds crazy.

What's an SA 10?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,277 ✭✭✭DamagedTrax

17812919_0.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭Neurojazz

Well... tie a rope to a casio vl tone and start the demo and swing it around in a room with lots of tiles and you get the most lush chorus on it - it's even better when you stand off center.. seems to create a weird unequal chorus effect.

Neurojazz wrote: »
    Well... tie a rope to a casio vl tone and start the demo and swing it around in a room with lots of tiles and you get the most lush chorus on it - it's even better when you stand off center.. seems to create a weird unequal chorus effect.

Ah , yea ... done all that ....;)

• Advertisement

17812919_0.jpg

That is SO beautiful ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,277 ✭✭✭DamagedTrax

PaulBrewer wrote: »
    That is SO beautiful ....

and the thing is that it sounds just as good as it looks! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

I still have mine perfect, 20 years old apparently, uncle gave it to me as a present when I was 5.

Its meant to run off 7.5VDC but it handles upto 15V and all it does is make it sound cool and a bit buzzy on high volume.

They are extremely rugged too for being such a sh1te keyboard. Its been dropped I'd say 2000 times since it was bought and it plays fine and some of the keys are even a bit tilted.

I attached a sound sample.

That noise you hear isn't my sound setup (Well maybe a small minicule bit of it might be) thats the keyboard.
    Its running off 9V while its meant to be 7.5V, it adds noise and makes everything sound different because this keyboard isn't sample based, it sythensizes every sound in realtime which allows it to be circuit bent.
    No prizes for the one who guesses the bassline right :pac:, I used the Piano and Pop Lead presets.

If I could somehow convert this into a midi keyboard it would be bliss except for the fact its not velocity sensitive.

Also btw this was done with a MIC put in between my headphones, the speakers on the thing is absolutely terrible.

Advertisement