Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia 3110 broke - how to get information out?

• 22-06-2009 10:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭

My Nokia 3110 phone recently broke down. It won't turn on and when I connect it to the computer it goes unrecognised. Although it does respond when I plug it into the charger.

Does anyone know how I could get the information out of the phone? Phone numbers, saved messages etc. Is there any way?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Leave it plugged in for awhile. Could you get a lend of a battery from someone? To connect to the pc it will need to be powered on. The battery for the 3110c is the BL-5C which was the batch that was recalled, so you may be able to get a new battery that way. You can check if you are entitled by filling in the serial number at the bottom of these page

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭UnderpantsGnome

Thanks. I did try a different battery in it and nothing happened.

Is there any way that people who fix computers would be able to get the info out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Well have you tried putting the sim into another phone, you may some of your numbers and texts on that, will be limited though.

Its quite unlikely of getting the data back, It really depends on the damage of the phone, but they wont guarantee any data recovery. If its under warranty you will be able to get it fixed free of charge, but the data may be wiped.

Advertisement