Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

megadeth line ups

Options
  • 22-06-2009 10:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭

my fellow metal heads,one question.

what do you think is the best megadeth line up over the last i dunno say 26 years???

personally my favorite is mustaine,menza,ellefson and friedman from the countdown era,althought with chris broderick as the new lead player that could change after the next album.sorry marty.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

personally my favorite is mustaine,menza,ellefson and friedman from the countdown era,althought with chris broderick as the new lead player that could change after the next album.sorry marty.

That was Rust In Peace era if i recall correctly, back to the history books, my friend! :)

My preference is actually the Ellefson, Mustaine, Poland, Samuelson era. Not that i dislike anything after 1986, but i just don't think that they were ever able to top Peace Sells as far as overall album quality is concerned.

Killing Is My Business is disgracefully underrated too. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Totally Agree, Shawn Raven!

The 'Deth's first two albums are landmark albums for thrash metal.

But I have to confess my favourite line up was arguably the most unpopular one: Mustaine/Ellefson/Young/Behler from the 'So Far, So Good, So What' era.

I think that SFSGSW is one of the defining albums of 1980's heavy metal and that the musicians on that album are superb. Woefully underrated and the lineup disintegrated far too quickly!!!

Pity...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,759 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

The Rust In Peace line-up for me.

This is when they were at their pinnacle as a band. It's not that the other albums are bad; it's just that Rust In Peace has better songs overall.

Tornado of Souls :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    That was Rust In Peace era if i recall correctly, back to the history books, my friend! :)

I know it's not what you mean but in fairness those four were still around for countdown.

Maybe he prefers them all kitted out in plaid? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

Totally agree with ya there Shawnraven

For me the reasons are twofold - i hate Marty Friedman almost as much as Kirk Hammett (but thats another story :p), and also peace sells is Megadeth's best album IMO!

• Advertisement

I know it's not what you mean but in fairness those four were still around for countdown.

Maybe he prefers them all kitted out in plaid? :pac:

Ah i know, they were around right up til Cryptic Writings weren't they, then Menza departed before Risk? I could be wrong though.

Either that or he had a fondness for Mustine's hair being red as opposed to blonde. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

Yeah, until before Risk. Jimmy DeGrasso joins on drums for that (I think)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭millington

Mustaine, Ellefson, Friedman, Menza

But I'd have DeGrasso on drums for live stuff, much prefer his style.

Yeah, until before Risk. Jimmy DeGrasso joins on drums for that (I think)

Then Friedman left shortly after Risk and it's been MegaDave pretty much ever since then with a revolving door of musicians.

Advertisement