Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Photo Assessment France 2008 C&C

• 22-06-2009 10:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭

If this is in the wrong place will somebody HELP me!

Ok here goes,

This is my first time – so be gentle with me please (why do the words bishop and actress spring to mind?)

This is not an easy one I would say. France last September.

Just to say personally that it is up there in my own favourite photos I have taken- but as the saying goes – different folks- different strokes (no let’s not go there again).

The photo was ‘a street one’ taken on the hoof - and the main characters are out of focus. Also there are wires and things in the background (I did remove them one with PS clone tool- but then I preferred the original).

So there is an out of focus issue and distraction in the background – so does it work?

I have a print of it framed in the house – but nobody likes it.

But it’s staying where it is!

fz2q9c.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

I like this lots. Its a particular style / genre which won't appeal to everyone though. I'm working hard on converting my long suffering wife into being a fan of this kind of stuff or the more grainy, high contrast b/w stuff.

The thing about this kind of photography is that the technicalities aren't great tbh - out of focus, over exposed, motion blur, poor metering, horizon (well verticals) skewed a little - but that doesn't really matter - it is endearing through an aesthetic quality that some people get and some don't. To me, I think it has it.

The framing is nice. The only thing i'd do with it would be to lower the brightness a little to bring some of the detail back in the building and it is actually still there - not burnt out too much so you would be able to get some of it back. Having said that the brightness would be 'of the day' i'd be guessing so darkening it down might alter you memory and it shouldn't do that.

I'm guessing that it would bring back happy memories. Thus, you are quite correct to have it framed as is. You do think 'france' when you see it. This is good.

To me - great image well done. The challenge is to be able to reproduce this at will.

All the above in my humble opinion - which has been known to be wrong and often will be wrong which i'm also ok with ;)

Advertisement