Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alarm: testing Aritech MC inertia sensors

Options
  • 22-06-2009 11:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47

Hi,

I have fitted an Aritech MC combined reed & inertia sensor (GS611) to my alarm (HKC SW-812) and want to check its inertia operation.

Its on the front door (hardwood, pretty solid) and the reed contact works fine.

Is there a procedure for checking the operation of the inertia sensor? Other than keep booting the door until my foot hurts or the alarm goes off?

I did not receive any datasheet or documentation from the supplier. Perhaps someone could post a link to the datasheet.

The standard configuration for the zone on the HKC panel is gross=4, pulse=4, should I change this for this sensor type?

Can these be mounted vertically on a double door? I hear they are sensitive to orientation.

Anybody have experiance of the Honeywell Viper sensors (or others?) as an alternative, they seem popular in the UK.

Thanks for any input.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,713 ✭✭✭✭altor

i would not put a mc on a front door. it causes alot of false alarms.. e.g post coming in the letterbox. if the door its self has any movement this could also cause unwanted false alarms. you can tap around the sensor but if it is as solid as you say you might be wasting your time. they can be mounted vertically but make sure the writing on the sensor is readable from left to right. hope this helps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭g.quagmire

Try 0#3 on your keypad this will put your alarm on walktest just tap away the sensor should activate device straight away, I usually change the front door to gross=6, pulse=6 but if your door is that solid should be no problem. Never used viper sensors but nothing wrong with the aritech, hkc or astecs that are most popular over here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 dinefwr

If you need any alarm info or manuals try ukpanels.com download is free

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

altor wrote: »
    i would not put a mc on a front door. it causes alot of false alarms.. e.g post coming in the letterbox. if the door its self has any movement this could also cause unwanted false alarms. you can tap around the sensor but if it is as solid as you say you might be wasting your time. they can be mounted vertically but make sure the writing on the sensor is readable from left to right. hope this helps

How does this affect the operation and by how much?
    Also what if it the writing was upside down as one on my window is.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,591 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

How does this affect the operation and by how much?
    For some makes like Aritech, yes it can affect the operation of the sensor to a large degree. This is explainedd in the data sheet that comes with the sensor.

The Astec Global sensors are very good quailty and they are unaffected by orientation.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I would agree with Altor. Never put inertia on the front door. If you feel its vunerable ensure there is a PiR in the Hall.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,713 ✭✭✭✭altor

The manufacture decides how these should be installed and if you read the data sheet it says : They can be mounted throughout a 360 degrees axis, vertically and horizontally, by ensuring that the Aritech logo is readable from left to right.
    if your having false alarms on the upside down sensor this might be the cause of it. i have seen them installed upside down with no problems, but what the manufacture says is not to install them this way..

2011 wrote: »
    For some makes like Aritech, yes it can affect the operation of the sensor to a large degree. This is explainedd in the data sheet that comes with the sensor.

The Astec Global sensors are very good quailty and they are unaffected by orientation.

Thanks

altor wrote: »
    The manufacture decides how these should be installed and if you read the data sheet it says : They can be mounted throughout a 360 degrees axis, vertically and horizontally, by ensuring that the Aritech logo is readable from left to right.
    if your having false alarms on the upside down sensor this might be the cause of it. i have seen them installed upside down with no problems, but what the manufacture says is not to install them this way..

OK thanks,No problems with but just wondered.

Advertisement