Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Call of Duty 4 still €60 ????

Options
  • 22-06-2009 11:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,622 ✭✭✭

went into gamestop waterford last week to see how much Call of Duty 4 would be around nowadays coz i wanted to get it for my lil brother...60 f**** euro, jesus, is it a mistake or sumtn??

went into Xtravision tramore later that day and it woz 55euro in there, wots goin on? lol

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

gamercfc wrote: »
    went into gamestop waterford last week to see how much Call of Duty 4 would be around nowadays coz i wanted to get it for my lil brother...60 f**** euro, jesus, is it a mistake or sumtn??

went into Xtravision tramore later that day and it woz 55euro in there, wots goin on? lol

The game is so popular it maintained its price. Also they're probably Game of the Year Editions with the extra maps.

COD:WAW is now €35. That shows you why they are taking preorders for Modern Warfare 2 already.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭Tefral

Worth every cent if you ask me...

I bought mine for 35 in HMV on Henry Street in Dublin. I got the Game of the year edition.

I havent regretted buying it at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,622 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

ive seen the Game of the Year editions before yea theyre around 60euro. But i have looked close anuf they are the original games (UNLESS theyre giving u the GotY edition disks im not too sure)

but its the original cases im seein anyway with a 59.99 price on the sticker

i suppose il get it reasonably cheap preowned sumwer i checked a few times in the preowned section & i never seen it

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Paddy_B

I know, its ridiculous, they don't bother lowering the price of it because it still sells at full price

slightly off the topic a bit but i woz also bugged a while back to get the PS3 version anol
    (i play the 360 version tho)
    by a friend i know who only has a ps3 and i seen cod 4 for 50 squid anol. im just gona wait till my bday, its in 5 weeks haha shud have a fortune saved up by then anyway me gf is comin over =]

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭thealltimelow

got it there last weak for 18 euros so happy me

aw u jammy bugger lol

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055600557 follow this link if your looking to buy it? the user im sending you towards seems to have one for sale ok?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

• Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Got the GOTY Edition from Play for 23.50 about 3 months ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

grizzly wrote: »

Would it not be all like "Soap-San" etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

noodler wrote: »
    Would it not be all like "Soap-San" etc?
    Nope, under further information - Language English.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Hardizone

how much is the game worth trading in, in GAME/
    I have the GOTY edition with the code used and I am selling it
    for about 35 euro. I've only usedd 6 times cause I prefer COD WaW.
    Anyone interested in it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭fitz0

I havent seen it in a shop for under 50 euros and thats the main reason I havent bought it. I know, I'm missing out but I just refuse to buy a game that old for that price. I doubt the price will drop wither until MW2 comes out.

Out of curiosity what is the trade in value? I want to know how much profit a shop makes on the second hand copies.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Also they're probably Game of the Year Editions with the extra maps.

I got jipped by Smyths a while back, bought a game of the year edition but didnt have any of the maps included and I didnt see any leaflet with a code on it.

b*sterds

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Bonavox

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    I got jipped by Smyths a while back, bought a game of the year edition but didnt have any of the maps included and I didnt see any leaflet with a code on it.

b*sterds

Yeah, the same happened to me with Oblion: GOTY Edition. They gave me the box, but put the original in. This was around Christmas 07 so there was about 20 euro in the difference, and I really wanted to play the expansions.

Brought it back the next day and they laughed at me and told me that I could have had an old copy, and put the disk in and get a refund. That was the last time I ever bought a game out of the damned shop!

• Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭beya2009

"The game is so popular it maintained its price. Also they're probably Game of the Year Editions with the extra maps."

Oh rite so thats y. i saw it in gamestop in wexford for €60 and thought the gamestop staff had gone craiced lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭kaiser soza

It has been €25 preowned in Smyths for about 5 months now,both the standard and Game of the Year versions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭mailrewop

BlitzKrieg wrote: »

b*sterds

same happened me today, is there any other way of getting a code or is it just tough luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

Gamestop is a joke. Buy online and put the bastards out
    of business:pac: Snake oil merchants tbh.

Preowned titles on consoles are normally bought for
    nothing, and the new price is "fixed" for consumers.

• Advertisement
Advertisement