Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smelly Microwave

Options
  • 22-06-2009 11:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭

Hi all.

I left some raw meat in my microwave for five days. Don't ask why- just forgot about it and went away for the weekend. Yeah, I know- I'm a tool. After retching and cleaning and scrubbing a lot, I still have this vile rotting meat stench. Every surface is clean but it still smells bad.

What I want to know is how to get rid of the smell. Is there filters in the air system of a microwave that can be changed? Can anybody help?

I know microwaves don't exactly cost the earth but I would still like to sort it out.

Thanks folks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Fill a bowl with water, and add a small amount of lemon juice. Microwave for 1-2 minutes (it will boil and steam) then wipe out the inside of the microwave with a clean cloth. If necessary, repeat until smell gone.

(Quick Bing search)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 barmar

Make a paste with bread soda & scrub it on. Just leave for a while & wash off. Great at absorbing odours.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Put a chopped onion in it and leave overnight

21/25

Advertisement