Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sampling using a technics 1210 Mk2 but what stylus/cartridge???

Options
  • 22-06-2009 11:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭

Yo,

recently ive been sampling quite a lot using a Technics 1210 mk2 ,I have a Shure M44-7 cartridge with a traditional technics headshell.

I bought the turntable off a good friend,who liked to scratch records a lot as he was mostly a hip hop and funk dj.Thats why he used that Shure cartridge,because it simply doesnt skip or slip up.

But my situation is that i feel i may need a new cartridge soon enough ,as ive been listeing to records non stop and the stylus/cartridge may need to be replaced.

So,i kinda want to get a stylus thats good for high quality sound fidelity,not one for a mix master mike!
    I want something thats rugged for forwarding and rewinding,but has optimal sound fidelity for me (a sampling maniac) and not so much for scratching.....

Any suggestions as regards brands??

Ortofon maybe?:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭Neurojazz

Ortofon for tight clean sound yeah, then the stanton for guts and balls

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Lukasz.

Neurojazz wrote: »
    Ortofon for tight clean sound yeah, then the stanton for guts and balls

coolio,

i think ortofon could be my next purchase,either that,or some Shure cartridge.

Thanks for your help.

Advertisement