Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Flights to Bangkok

• 22-06-2009 11:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭

Hello, hoping to fly return to Bangkok around the second week in July from London. So far Jet Airways seems to be the cheapest I can see online. Anybody got any good tips? I found a site called Travelpack.com and it quotes flights for £376. Don't know much about the site though.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

I find lastminute.com the cheapest.

When you go to their website, select "flight only" when looking up flights. It defaults to flight and hotel so you have to change it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

£376 return sounds like a bargain OP as long as the website checks out (too good to be true and all that)
    I know Biman Bangladesh do it for around £330 but it involves an overnight stopover in Dhaka ( a hellhole). Otherwise Kuwait, Eithad and Gulf are generally quite cheap on that route.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭DeadMoney

Just looked at the flight there and it says that there is a stop over in Mumbai on the way home that is 13 hours long. The total for the flight is £376. 13 hour stop over seems harsh and we would probably need to book a stay in the hotel airport.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

RATM wrote: »
    £376 return sounds like a bargain OP as long as the website checks out (too good to be true and all that)
    I know Biman Bangladesh do it for around £330 but it involves an overnight stopover in Dhaka ( a hellhole). Otherwise Kuwait, Eithad and Gulf are generally quite cheap on that route.

How do you book with Biman. Just looked up their website and you can't book on it.

And op, did you get that price from Jet on their website. I'm looking into going next month too and the cheapest I saw on their website was £670.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

Kraggy -you really need a mate in London to sort out Biman. What you are after is a 'bucket shop' travel agent that sells mainly to Pakistani/INdian/Bangladeshi immigrants- Brick Lane in the East End is full of them.

You could Google travel agents in Brick Lane and ring them up, pay by Visa over the phone and they'll post you the paper ticket. A lot of hassle but when I flew with them last year they saved me nearly €250 over the next cheapest flight. That was mainly because I was booking less than 7 days before flying and Bimans prices seem to stay steady all the time as compared to other airlines that drive them up the closer to the flight date. If your booking way in advance they are not really worth using tbh.

Youve also got to consider that their stopover to Bangkok is an overnight one in Dhaka and a transit visa costs $30. Biman pay the 'hotel' and transfers and a crappy egg curry is thrown in too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭jus

travelpaths.ie is good and cheap

Advertisement