Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beeping Horns at Midnight!

Options
  • 22-06-2009 11:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭

Quick gripe/request!

The last couple of nights a car driving out of the Grove has beeped their horn loudly 10-odd times as they drove away after dropping people off. I'm all for saying goodbye but its 5 to midnight (and a similar time last night). People with work tomorrow (not to mention children and babies) are trying to sleep. (I've been asleep when its happened and its woken me up so I dont know which house it is to ask them directly, hence the post)

But just in general, please show some consideration for your neighbours, esp on weeknights and ask your friends to hold off on the horn-honking at this hour of the night!! Thanks :( ZZZZzzzzzz

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭jaffa20

Don't get me started.

Horns

Cars speeding during the night

Alarms going off each evening when i'm trying to unwind.

:mad::mad:

Still,i don't miss dublin;)

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭eleMental

LOL :)

In this instance though I dont think its malicious or anything, friends are just saying bye or whatever...But its just a bit thoughtless, and theres no need to beep out a tune as you drive away. Well - in the middle of the day is grand, but just not in the middle of the night.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,937 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

its actually illegal to sound your horn in built up areas after dark. not that I'd expect the guards to mobilise their armed response unit or anything, but you could point it out to the culprit (if you catch up with them).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭thecommander

Its a fact of life, people beep horns when they're saying goodbye. Its like starting a thread on people spitting or youths sitting on walls.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭eleMental

Yes I understand people beep - I get it.

But playing a tune as you drive away at midnight is above and beyond the norm, thats all I was trying to say.

Admin please feel free to lock - I think my point is made....:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

thecommander, if you've nothing to add to a thread, why bother posting?

Thread closed at OP's request.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement