Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Raw thread 22/23 June spoilers within

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

Mickey pins Rosa after a super-kick in a 6 diva?-tag.

Big Slow vs Cena.:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,164 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Degag wrote: »
    That segment between Trump and McMahon was pure car crash tv... i mean what businessman (or ordinary man or woman for that matter) sells something only to buy it back the following week for twice the amount?

As well as that, what was the point of this whole angle? I can not find a single one.

Maybe Trump failed wellness?:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

That segment between Trump and McMahon was pure car crash tv... i mean what businessman (or ordinary man or woman for that matter) sells something only to buy it back the following week for twice the amount?

Worked in 1988.
    Ted DiBiase bought Andre The Giant's contract from Bobby Heenan in January 1988 for a cool million, only to sell it back to Heenan for 100,000 bucks. :)

And people wondered why they call him the Brain, eh?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    Worked in 1988.
    Ted DiBiase bought Andre The Giant's contract from Bobby Heenan in January 1988 for a cool million, only to sell it back to Heenan for 100,000 bucks. :)

And people wondered why they call him the Brain, eh?

To say that it happened before doesn't mean that it worked. Terrible stuff altogether.

To say that it happened before doesn't mean that it worked. Terrible stuff altogether.

Only it did work then. When Andre won the belt to hand it over to DiBiase left a lot of people in shock and horror in February that year.

The original screwjob, only with BOTH Hebners involved, believe me, it worked.

WTF?

Only it did work then. When Andre won the belt to hand it over to DiBiase left a lot of people in shock and horror in February that year.

The original screwjob, only with BOTH Hebners involved, believe me, it worked.

Ok but thats irrevelant in this discussion. There is no shock value with McMahon buying RAW back from Trump. It's just a pretty stupid way of portraying a multi millionaire

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Ah the unmistakeable reek of desperation,Trump owns Raw for a week what's the point, also incase you hadn't noticed your commericial free episode of Raw was brought to you by KFC

• Advertisement

Also HHH and Randy beat the piss out of each other tonight but will be fine and dandy for another major gimmick match on Sunday, does anyone give a **** about their 20th match in a year?, gimmick matches are supposed to end fueds but they've been through them all and back around with no end in sight

Also who's dumbass idea was it to have a countdown clock to the LMS match, it's like they know when the other matches are going to end or something :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

EdK wrote: »
    Also HHH and Randy beat the piss out of each other tonight but will be fine and dandy for another major gimmick match on Sunday, does anyone give a **** about their 20th match in a year?, gimmick matches are supposed to end fueds but they've been through them all and back around with no end in sight

Sounds like they were watching TNA and thought "Hey, if it works for them!"

Ok but thats irrevelant in this discussion.

True, but just setting you straight on some facts, eventhough i'd already said it worked before, for some reason you were convinced otherwise. I was merely giving some evidence to go with it.
    There is no shock value with McMahon buying RAW back from Trump. It's just a pretty stupid way of portraying a multi millionaire

But there's nothing stupid about the Vince McMahon kiss-my-ass club.
    We should be used to this, folks. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

I'm too bored to even *hic* so a *yawn* will have to do

True, but just setting you straight on some facts, eventhough i'd already said it worked before, for some reason you were convinced otherwise. I was merely giving some evidence to go with it.

When i said "To say that it happened before doesn't mean that it worked" i meant to say "To say that it happened before doesn't mean that it'll work now." My bad. I'd never even heard of that incident before so certainly wasn't qualified to say whether it worked....

When i said "To say that it happened before doesn't mean that it worked" i meant to say "To say that it happened before doesn't mean that it'll work now." My bad. I'd never even heard of that incident before so certainly wasn't qualified to say whether it worked....

Most things any wrestling promotion tried 20 years ago don't work now, other than to serve for Vince McMahons amusement. The rest of us are all jaded at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

amacachi wrote: »

But it dosn't work for TNA either

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Reganio 2 wrote: »
    But it dosn't work for TNA either

Sarcasm dear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Cena V Miz added to the Bash :D best part of the show

Cena is in a no win situation there, if he wins, he needs to squash a reality TV star
    If he loses, he got beat by a reality TV star.

amacachi wrote: »

Ah what a sly dig, whatever could you mean?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,335 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Cena is in a no win situation there, if he wins, he needs to squash a reality TV star
    Or I know a completly like new angle like! We'll have Big Show come in and beat him up outside the ring! It's like OMGZ super kewl and completly unheard of and set up this really amazing new angle for the next PPV!!1

I've said it before, and i will say it again. Big Slow should never be put anywhere near the title picture. This isn't WCW. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

I've never said it before and I will never say it again. I agree with ya Shawn :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

big show should not be in the ring, i fear for the guys health, 5 minutes into the cena match last night sweat was pouring off the guy like someone had turned on a shower over his head, that cannot be good

i know wight is continuing to wrestle because he is in serious financial problems but maybe he doesn't need a $5 million house

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

rossie1977 wrote: »
    i know wight is continuing to wrestle because he is in serious financial problems but maybe he doesn't need a $5 million house

He does!

Here's some pics of it:

Nils_Pyssling_The_Giants_house.sized.jpg

Outside_the_giants_house.sized.jpg

And here's one of the big man in bed:

p081_jack_beanstalk.jpg

Nah but your right, there needs to be something done with him.

Actually, from reading the reports, there needs to be a LOT done with the roster as it stands.

Last week there was a 4 way of just wrestlers who didnt fit in any feuds, now a main event which is a WM rematch and a Backlash rematch, which is always the rematch to Mania, so in theory this is the rematch to the rematch to the rematch from Unforgiven 2004.

damm...

It's pretty disturbing if he's in financial difficulty after being on a million dollar contract for so long now....

It's pretty disturbing if he's in financial difficulty after being on a million dollar contract for so long now....

he was on a million dollar a year before leaving in 2006, not sure what sort of money he is earning today though, i suspect less than the original sum

its seems big show didn't bother paying his taxes

and he is being sued on top of that to make it worse http://www.courthousenews.com/2009/06/16/_center_Promoter_Sues_Giant_Wrestler_center_.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

WWE lied to me, Raw had plenty of commercials (just no breaks). Hell Lawler even said that your commercial-free Raw is presented by the KFC chicken, and there was the Transformers stuff and I bet that Wall Street Journal was product placement. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

I'd imagine Rey is pretty annoyed at the moment. Given the way WWE have been haggling with him over his contract the last few months, you'd think they hadn't the $250,000 to spare that they gave away for no good reason last night.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

I think Miz has worked hard enough the last couple of years to be legitimately recognised as a wrestler at this stage. Hes improved at a faster rate than countless others on the roster.

• Advertisement

flahavaj wrote: »
    I think Miz has worked hard enough the last couple of years to be legitimately recognised as a wrestler at this stage. Hes improved at a faster rate than countless others on the roster.

That still will never erase the image of the goofball that was on the real world, that year. To his credit, it made it there, but at the time he gave Pro Wrestling fans such a bad name.

No... just no!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,419 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

That still will never erase the image of the goofball that was on the real world, that year. To his credit, it made it there, but at the time he gave Pro Wrestling fans such a bad name.

No... just no!

But not everyone watched the Miz on the real world.

I think his work in recent times leaves him in a better light than 'that guy form the real world'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

youtube video of the miz

No... just no!

gawd i remember those days, him running around with a plastic kiddies replica wwf belt puttin on the bad "announcer voice"......why the hell did i watch that sh!te?

DM-ICE wrote: »

And by the thread is done, those who didn't, will wish they hadn't seen it! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

DM-ICE wrote: »

I think his work in recent times leaves him in a better light than 'that guy form the real world'.

I doubt most of the current audience even knows he was a reality show star, it was years ago, plus he hung with the best of them in the Tough Enough series, he did come 2nd didnt he? and he has a much better career than Daniel Puder

JBL had no problem remembering him. His commentary during Miz's WWE debut was always priceless. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭thealltimelow

any way i like the mitz meat him there in dublin back in april was the last guy to meat him so had a good chat with him for about 20 mins nice guy

Cena will not be squashing The Miz seeing as how they have spent the last two months building up young Miz. Cena will win clean as he should and will make Miz look a million bucks in the process. :)
    Rossie 1977 what do you think of Cena's booking over the last 18 months?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭lankysexybeast

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Cena will not be squashing The Miz seeing as how they have spent the last two months building up young Miz. Cena will win clean as he should and will make Miz look a million bucks in the process. :)
    Rossie 1977 what do you think of Cena's booking over the last 18 months?

is it possible for cena to make someone look amazing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

is it possible for cena to make someone look amazing

yes, because he's a good wrestler, sells well, and can entertain.

he made lashley and khali look better than anyone else has. i could even add big show to that list after he made their submission match passable.

WWE fans need to sing a different tune, because it's not based on fact anymore. he was sh*t once, he ain't sh*t anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭lankysexybeast

your telling that when those giants kick off the ground onto his back it looks good. i'll put it this way he's Hulk Hogan in more than his charecters attitude. although i'll admit he's betre than hogan (but not by a huge mount)

Ratings are in Raw got a 4.5:eek:
    Thats the highest since the live sex celebration.

http://www.f4wonline.com/content/view/9739/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

wow kayfabe people with a trump storline and they flood in like a moth to a flame! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

SlickRic wrote: »
    yes, because he's a good wrestler, sells well, and can entertain.

he made lashley and khali look better than anyone else has. i could even add big show to that list after he made their submission match passable.

He doesn't sell well, he completely oversells. That Submission match couldn't have been more boring if they tried, it just droned on forever. Lashley was a competent enough wrestler (just had the personality of a plank) and Michaels got a better match out of Khali.

Cena in 2006/7 was spectacular. He did very little wrong and in general had stand out matches on PPV but since then he's been bogged down in feuds with the likes of JBL and Big Slow. I like Cena and have a great amount of respect for him as he works really hard but with the exception of some of his stuff with Edge and Jericho his last year and a half has been poor.

there can be no doubt now, even if you don't like the dude

trump = ratings

• Advertisement

He doesn't sell well, he completely oversells. That Submission match couldn't have been more boring if they tried, it just droned on forever. Lashley was a competent enough wrestler (just had the personality of a plank) and Michaels got a better match out of Khali.

Cena in 2006/7 was spectacular. He did very little wrong and in general had stand out matches on PPV but since then he's been bogged down in feuds with the likes of JBL and Big Slow. I like Cena and have a great amount of respect for him as he works really hard but with the exception of some of his stuff with Edge and Jericho his last year and a half has been poor.

look at the people he has been working with though. He got a cracking match out of Swagger recently and his match with Ted on Superstars received excellent reviews.
    The reason why he has been in such mediocre feuds is they have decided to build Raw around Hunter and Orton which baffles the hell out of me.:confused:

look at the people he has been working with though. He got a cracking match out of Swagger recently and his match with Ted on Superstars received excellent reviews.
    The reason why he has been in such mediocre feuds is they have decided to build Raw around Hunter and Orton which baffles the hell out of me.:confused:

when hbk and takers matches with jbl and big show suck to high heavens you know its time for both workers (ie jbl/big slow) to finish up

Man i loved it when Cena challenged Miz to say "You're A Coward" to his face and Miz did it! Yet the finish to the angle seemed cheap and undo the previous good work. Thats the story of this storyline. They seem to want to try and elevate the Miz but don't really know how to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭big syke

Have a feeling Cenas gonna put Miz over at the Bash. Would be a nice change of pace.

• Advertisement
Advertisement