Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Raw thread 22/23 June spoilers within

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

rossie1977 wrote: »
    there can be no doubt now, even if you don't like the dude

trump = ratings

Wait, what? Some of it may be due to Trump but the majority of it was because of no commercial breaks. People stuck with the show rather than change station in their hundreds of thousands with every break. I'm sure that the quarter-hour breakdowns in the Observer this week will prove that further

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

So whats the chances of this making a stay and going completely commercial free?

To me, Vince pulled this stunt to see would it pay off and now that it did he could possibly keep it going.

C-B-G wrote: »
    So whats the chances of this making a stay and going completely commercial free?

Zero chance. It was USA Network's decision to go commercial free in an effort to boost their monthly ratings. They pay over $600,000 a week to broadcast Raw and they make their money back through selling commercials. If they did it every week they'd just be wasting a ton of money. They took the hit this one time to raise their stake and with the aim of earning more money from future commercials

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭thealltimelow

600,000 for raw so how much do you think sky pay for it ?

600,000 for raw so how much do you think sky pay for it ?

Whats that got to do with it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭thealltimelow

no i am just asking :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Fozzy wrote: »
    Wait, what? Some of it may be due to Trump but the majority of it was because of no commercial breaks. People stuck with the show rather than change station in their hundreds of thousands with every break. I'm sure that the quarter-hour breakdowns in the Observer this week will prove that further
    THANK YOU.

I came in here to make this very point.

no i am just asking :o

Ooooh, Sorry m'man. Thought you were trying to scruitinise what i was saying.

I wouldnt even know where to start to guess.
    Dont USA pay for all the production fees to do with cameras and televising trucks etc etc?

Maybe Sky doesnt have to pay that much if they are just buying the rights to show it.

Sky wouldn't be paying per episode of Raw, their deal includes the rights to all the WWE shows that they air. So it's not really comparable

• Advertisement
Advertisement