Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enniscorthy - changed much?

Options
  • 23-06-2009 12:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭

I'm coming home for a wee holiday in October and was wondering what the town was like for going out for a few quiet ales in. Last two times I've been home I've seen some bloody disgraceful scenes of thuggery around closing time and as I'm bringing someone back with me (a first-time visitor) I'm wondering whether I'd be better off staying in and having people around rather than going out on the lash. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

Yes, the place is still rough at night but with less boy racers than a year ago - I think.

"Hayes" Pub, Court Street and "The Antique Tavern" are two pleasant watering holes - with good food in the latter.

To get an idea of Enniscorthy today have a look at this blog. :)

http://countywexford.blogspot.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Bearhunter

Thanks for that. Nice to see Hayes's is still going too. Used to be a great place for a few quiets when I was living in the town.

Advertisement