Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why are you proud of Ireland?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

I'm proud of Ant & Dec's services to television.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭zootroid

Proud of Ireland? Very little to be proud of I'm afraid. Banana republic, where nothing gets done and everything is a rip off.

Hurling and gaelic football are about the only things to be proud of, and even they're a rip-off to go to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭upmeath

I'm proud of our brave social experiments, like Navan. It really could have gone either way, when you think about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

PaulieD wrote: »
    I am proud to be Irish as our own national sport is among the best in the world. Nothing beats Croker during Championship season. The sun shining. When Amhrain na bhFiann is being sung by 80,000 strong crowd. Unbeatable. Goosebumps on the back of my neck time.

+1 :D It's something that unites the whole country even though there is a lot of competition

• Registered Users Posts: 55,694 ✭✭✭✭walshb

To be fair, we're a small nation and small nations tend to be **** at most stuff. The only problem with Ireland is we've convinced ourselves that we're world leaders in everything we do, regardless of how bad we are, for some reason.

Absoloutely. We don't just want to be good, we want to be the best.
    We want to give the most aid to Africa, build the most houses in Africa, build the most schools in Africa, build the most wells in Africa, all the while we screw the fu*& out of things here. Hey, let's build loads of hospitals in Africa, but wait, aren't children here now being sent a freaking broad to have surgery?:rolleyes:

One thing I am proud of is Ireland's rugby team and the amazing Yeats,
    the Irish amateur boxers, Sonia O'Sullivan, Stephen Roche, Sean Kelly,
    Michael Carruth and all the true great sporting heroes we have produced!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭Fink Goddie

I'm proud that Colin Farrell the big dream boat is Irish

I'm proud that Colin Farrell the big dream boat is Irish

All he needs now is a good wash!

walshb wrote: »
    All he needs now is a good wash!

I'd glady give him a sponge bath any day.

I'd glady give him a sponge bath any day.

Rusty water! Agggh!

Rusty water! Agggh!

Dont be jealous, not every guy can be as HOTTTTT as Farreller

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭Theta

Yet no one was willing to free the rest of the country,leaving it to a small group of people who ended up going to extremes.

the north was abandoned because the free state government was afraid of england closing its borders to our exports etc

we gave up pretty much a third of our country so we could trade more easily with the uk and europe

and being under freestate rule is not what i consider free but i agree that i am proud of the people who came before us who fought to get us even this far

And what would you have done??

Dont be jealous, not every guy can be as HOTTTTT as Farreller

Well, if a foul mouthed poser and scruff is what is HOT, well, you are right, not all can
    be HOT!:)

Not a bad actor though!

Well, if a foul mouthed poser and scruff is what is HOT, well, you are right, not all can
    be HOT!:)

Not a bad actor though!

Us women love a bit of scruff.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,358 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Us women love a bit of scruff.:pac:

you must LOVE shane mcgowan so :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭Agamemnon

Siún Nic Gearailt

rossie1977 wrote: »
    you must LOVE shane mcgowan so :)

Scruffs with teeth preferably!!! He is a legend tho

I'm Proud of our politicians coz they're all so god damn good lookin, Mary Harney and Brian Cowen especially, what an advertisement for the country!!!
    GORGEOUS!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭akaredtop

I am proud of the abuse scandals, crooked politicians, drunken yob culture, spiteful attitudes, all the people killed/maimed in our name and blarney such as "you will never beat the Irish". It is a great little country.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

we are a very friendly country.

we have not become over consumerised(not yet anyway:pac:)

It is hard to walk down the street without seeing someone you know.(can be seen either way I suppose)

Irish language.(I can not speak it myself:o)

we are a very loved nation.

When the sun shines,it is beuatiful.(not very common but sure the weather today is fantastic)

the Irish countryside is great.

The people are great craic!

we embrace the small things in life.

the one thing I am not proud of are the people who moan about this country...if you dont like it get out!to put it bluntly.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

poisonated wrote: »
    we are a very friendly country

we have not become over consumerised(not yet anyway:pac:)

It is hard to walk down the street without seeing someone you know(can be seen either way I suppose)

You don't live in the same Ireland as the rest of us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭johnny_knoxvile

Im proud of Ireland because we are at the cutting edge of technology, we have e-voting machine that were used as extras in the new Transformers movie.

When we go abroad everyone expects us to do riverdance, get drunk and fight (usually in that order). Awsome

Im proud of Ireland because we are at the cutting edge of technology, we have e-voting machine that were used as extras in the new Transformers movie.

When we go abroad everyone expects us to do riverdance, get drunk and fight (usually in that order). Awsome

LOL, Mary Harney was an extra in that movie too.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭TobyZiegler

I thought being the first country to introduce the smoking ban was pretty cool.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

im not proud of it at all really i guess. I mean i like it here but i don't wear my nationality as pride. And where do people get this notion that everybody loves us? From my experiences people are sick of us, in every tourist trail you go to even in the most remote places in the world it's saturated with irish people and i got a bit of a "oh god another one..." feeling when telling people I'm irish. But i only represent myself not my country!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭well horse

Agamemnon wrote: »
    Siún Nic Gearailt

You know what, she's one of the most attractive women on Irish television but nobody ever seems to mention her!

In reply to OP...the Italia 90 clip someone posted wells up a lot of Irish pride in me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭Agamemnon

well horse wrote: »
    You know what, she's one of the most attractive women on Irish television but nobody ever seems to mention her!
    Her online profile is growing. Facebook group here: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=86569448121

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

LOL, Mary Harney was an extra in that movie too.

You are thinking of Godzilla or King Kong I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭beardo81

Theres a lot of really natural looking, hot Irish women round. All completely mad though of course. :D

beardo81 wrote: »
    Theres a lot of really natural looking, hot Irish women round. All completely mad though of course. :D

Thats a good thing though, right!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭johnny_knoxvile

netwhizkid wrote: »
    You are thinking of Godzilla or King Kong I'd say.

no.

She was a stunt double for both though.

Advertisement