Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband options available to me,

Options
  • 23-06-2009 1:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭

So sorry if this has been posted before and asked but I did read the charter.

I live in carrickmines in a new apartment block with no phone line,

I have vodafone but find it a bit frustrating at times, can someone please advise me what I have to do.

It seems that I have to get a landline off Eircom, then decide a provider??? I dont want to do this though and be stuck with them,

Is this the case? Anyone I have rang has said I need the landline, I was thinking of getting the landline and then going with smart telecom. I use it for some work, emails, and would like to download some music. It seems silly that I have to apy for a landline and then broadband off someone else,

I really want to get the best value, any help someone can offer me is greatly appreciated, it feels like ordering food in an American restaurant. Too much choice and cant make a decision,

Comments

gabgab wrote: »
    no phone line

Irish Broadband have never given me a bit of trouble, so I feel obliged to recommend them. However, I'm in Drogheda, and people's internet seems to vary from location to location, so they could be useless for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Is this the case? Anyone I have rang has said I need the landline, I was thinking of getting the landline and then going with smart telecom. I use it for some work, emails, and would like to download some music. It seems silly that I have to apy for a landline and then broadband off someone else,

Only eircom can install lines, as they own the entire network. Digiweb Metro, IBB Breeze and UPC cable are all independent of eircom, and don't require a land line. Check their availability first before deciding.

Smart would be a good option, if you go for the land line.

• Company Representative Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭Magnet: Rory

By any chance are you in Carrickmines Manor?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭gabgab

Thanks a million guys,

So it seems I have to get a landline off Eircom either way. They make a huge song and dance about bundles and calls but I dont use a landline at all for making calls,

Rory,

I'm not in Manor but I am right beside it in Carrickmines Green. I can see manor from my apartment, is that any use?

• Company Representative Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭Magnet: Rory

Thanks a million guys,

So it seems I have to get a landline off Eircom either way. They make a huge song and dance about bundles and calls but I dont use a landline at all for making calls,

Rory,

I'm not in Manor but I am right beside it in Carrickmines Green. I can see manor from my apartment, is that any use?

No unfortunately, unless you want to get the shovel out.

It does look like you are on the Sandyford exchange.

• Advertisement
Advertisement