Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jobs..Any luck?

• 23-06-2009 2:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭

Hi there just wondering how everyone is getting on with getting full or part time employment?

whats the climate like in your sector?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

I'm in IT, I'd had one interview so far and admittedly I messed it up myself, full sure I'd have a job now if I didn't.

I was offered 2 more interviews but have yet to confirm them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

If all else fails there's still Dunnes. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭experiMental

That_Guy wrote: »
    If all else fails there's still Dunnes. ;)

it depends, my man.

I mean, if you live in a place like Monaghan or Dundalk or Portadown, its a huge handicap to getting a job, because you're too far from your workplace, unless you have personal transport. I see that there's more opportunity in Cork and Glaway than in Dublin, because everyone wants to work in Dublin and its very competitive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

it depends, my man.

I mean, if you live in a place like Monaghan or Dundalk or Portadown, its a huge handicap to getting a job, because you're too far from your workplace, unless you have personal transport. I see that there's more opportunity in Cork and Glaway than in Dublin, because everyone wants to work in Dublin and its very competitive.

good point, none of the jobs i've come across are in Dublin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭This is

dublin has always been the same., people just want to cram themselves in there n stay close to everything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭focus_mad

ah I'm sorted, working in the college bar again this year and possibly doing door work on student nights,

also.. if anyone wants their "rented gaf" re-painted after a mad rag week/freshers week/any sort of general mayhem week give us a holla!!!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭experiMental

If you have graduated with IT or Engineering degree, you should go to Limerick, Cork, Galway or Waterford. I've heard there were jobs created in that area

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

focus_mad wrote: »
    ah I'm sorted, working in the college bar again this year and possibly doing door work on student nights,

also.. if anyone wants their "rented gaf" re-painted after a mad rag week/freshers week/any sort of general mayhem week give us a holla!!!:D

Please no drawing of giant penis on the wall...... unless it's to detail.

Do you sell carpet too?

That_Guy wrote: »
    Please no drawing of giant penis on the wall...... unless it's to detail.

Do you sell carpet too?

yea sold and fitted. I'll be in college manor, you'll knowq which house is mine cause i'll have me caravan parked in the drive..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

focus_mad wrote: »
    ah I'm sorted, working in the college bar again this year and possibly doing door work on student nights

how did u manage to get the bar job? im thinking of going back to a bitta bar tending again, was going to apply around town, but if there was a few hours going there, id be interested

• Advertisement

papagormo wrote: »
    how did u manage to get the bar job? im thinking of going back to a bitta bar tending again, was going to apply around town, but if there was a few hours going there, id be interested

I went up and asked the manager last august and he just said contact him for this year ya no? Not too sure how many hours are left if ya know what I mean? sorry about getting back to you so long, was on holiday with the missus who also works in the bar haha

Advertisement