Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should I go for it?

Options
  • 23-06-2009 3:42am

I have never been with a girl, only men but now i think im in love with a girl and i think she may like me but im unsure whether to go for it or not.

Recently (12 months ago) i became good friends witha girl, it was like we're best friends from the day we first met and have practically hung out with each everyday. We always have a such a laugh together and can talk for hours on end. We've been jokin around that we're lesbians, and often make jokes about how we should have sex and stuff. Even other people have joked tha we're lesbians because we're together so much and often touchy feely. We often send each other txt msgs about how much we love each other, buy each other gifts, and go away on trips, I act the same with her as i did with any boyfriend i ever had (except the sex!) and it really does feel like a boyf/girlf relationship. But over the past while we've been gettin a bit closer. She oftens sleeps over at mine (in my bed) and at first we would cuddle (i have done this with other friends, so didnt think anything sexual of it) but know i feel so sexually attracted to her and i think her to me but im not sure. Although she has told me to stroke her breast a couple of times cuz she liked it(but this could be put down to her jokin nature), and the strokin and caressin (everything else but down there!) we do is way more than normal friends would do. When we have been gettin close i have seen her look at me as if she wants to kiss me but i always turn away as im too afraid as to what might happen.

I really duno what to do here, i really wana be with her, but i also want to get married with a guy and have kids so i know it cant last. So will i ruin a great friendship for nothin, or do you think we could be sexually intimate and still be friends at the end of it? And aswell im not a 100% if she feels the same as i do.

Any advice mush appreciated:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭!!!

Hmm.. :pac:

I don't know what advice to offer really, is being intimate with her worth it if it means your relationship together changes?
    She could react in any way, there is actually no way to predict if she wants it or not really, unless she blatently makes it obvious, at the moment the flirting ye are doing sounds pretty harmless.
    On a side note; I've slept with my best friend, granted it was a one night stand and we became friends after it happened. We laugh about it now.

Ugh, why do I always come to this forum when I'm sleep deprived? I'm probably completely off-topic. It's probably better to just ignore me. :p

Either way, good luck if you do go for it..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭dny123456

op, i think u should go for it. from the sounds of it, you probably both feel the same way. You'll never know/regret it, if you don't.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,189 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

yupder wrote: »
    And aswell im not a 100% if she feels the same as i do.

So ask her.

If you want, you can phrase the question in a 'it's mad, but sometimes I feel like I want to kiss you - do you ever feel like that?' way which has the opt-out clause that's it's only occasionally, in case she's offended at the idea.

It sounds to me like she's not at all opposed to taking things further, but I know it's easy to read things into other people's actions and words, especially if it's what you really want to hear.

Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

So did you go for it...?????

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Jafin

So did you go for it...?????

C'mon put us out of our misery Yupder, need to know if ya got the happily ever after!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭kabuk1

About 2 years after secondary school, my best friend (been friends for about 5 years at the time) an I flirted the same way. We eventually went for it. It was good, but only lasted a short time. It was more of a fun experimental phase for here and I was confused as I had only been with guys before that. We are still friends now, though we aren't as close. However, we didn't drift apart do to out relationship becoming sexual; it was for other reason. I'm now very happy in a lesbian relationship while she's happy dating men, though she still likes to fool around with women from time to time.

If it were me, I'd go for it. Please let us know what happens.

Advertisement