Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TUF 10 - Teaser clip

Options
  • 23-06-2009 8:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Idkn1Pn_ezQ&feature=player_embedded

I know there is not much there, but I am really looking forward to this series, especially after last series.

Something occurred to me. Coaches are usually at least as big, if not bigger than the fighters on the show. If I was Rashad, or Jackson, I would be fairly reluctant to spar with the guys on the show alt, if I had a fight coming up.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Interesting, at the end of the day the UFC consider Kimbo to be at least on a par with two of their former Champions and one of the most recognisable names in the game.

I think regardless of HOW he fairs in the actual TUF house, we will see Kimbo in the Octagon regardless.

I saw a thread on Sherdog once about how nobody ever mentions Kimbo's manager in all this and i am starting to think that guy is a promo genius.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭dunkamania

I disagree, if I was his manager, I would have packed him off to Japan to beat up on cans for the next few years. Get some highlight reel Ko's, as many endorsements as possible, before taking a shot at some legitamite competition back in the US.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

dunkamania wrote: »
    I disagree, if I was his manager, I would have packed him off to Japan to beat up on cans for the next few years. Get some highlight reel Ko's, as many endorsements as possible, before taking a shot at some legitamite competition back in the US.

I'm still not convinced that success in Japan parlays into financial success in America to be honest. I think he took the safe bet, get him into the UFC early, get his name even bigger in the states than it is and then see what happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭cmb.

looking at the list there are several unknowns, obviously but also several ufc dropouts - a few prospects and nelson a genuine fighter whose physical appearance is the only thing to have kept him out of the big time so far - even the recent losses were to (arguably in the case of monson) 2 top ten fighters

Tom Blackledge
    Kevin Ferguson
    Zak Jensen
    Marcus Jones
    Scott Junk
    John Madsen
    Matt Mitrione
    Roy Nelson
    Brendan Schaub
    Darrill Schoonover
    Wes Shivers
    Wes Sims
    Abe Wagner
    ustin Wren
    Mike Wessel
    Jim York

I dont have anything against Kimbo, per se, and in all interviews etc he came accross as a personable and humble man but I would laugh my ass off if (unless somwone else beats him before they meet) nelson did the belly pat over a fallen kimbo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭pablohoney87

Is there any guys that are gonna have to cut to 265. Its always interesting to see how they do in the short space of time between fights. I always think its very interesting to look at the amount of former winners and big names that end up dropping down to another weight class after the show.
    Diego, Florian, swick,joe daddy, guillard,rashad, bisping, pete sell, matt brown, amir sadollah(though he's yet to fight), mac danzig and I think serra will drop now aswell(but he's already competed at lightweight.
    Though its great television I never really think TUF is ever the best way to find the best up and comers by makin them fight so many fights in the space of a month. After hating frankie lester so much for the 1st few weeks i kinda felt sorry for him by the end. His body really was put through alot and cutting weight on top of what we saw.

• Advertisement
Advertisement