Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Megane - Bulb needs to be changed

• 23-06-2009 9:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭

Hi,

I have a Renault Megane and my front indicator light is gone. Doesn't seem easy to replace it myself, do I need to go to a Renault garage specifically or can any garage replace it?

Thanks,

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

If you're not confident in doing it yourself any competent garage should be able to do it for you i would think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Megans are hilarious cars for changing bulbs.

Oddly enough listen to this. If the bulb is gone on the drivers side turn the steering wheel all the way to the left and look inside the wheel arch.

You will see a little hatch. Open this for access to the headlights.

Those crafty french folk. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭artic

Berty wrote: »
    Megans are hilarious cars for changing bulbs.

Oddly enough listen to this. If the bulb is gone on the drivers side turn the steering wheel all the way to the left and look inside the wheel arch.

You will see a little hatch. Open this for access to the headlights.

Those crafty french folk. :D

Need small arms and a lot of patients though !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

Theres a couple clips on youtube about it, apparently in the UK a main dealer bulb change can be upto £200 because of labour involved

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Tipsy Mac wrote: »
    Theres a couple clips on youtube about it, apparently in the UK a main dealer bulb change can be upto £200 because of labour involved

Thats ridiculous for changing what is a couple of euro bulb...I'm not a fan but it's not just Renault that are making it nigh on impossible to do some basic maintenance

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Stevie Dakota

Less scare mongering on Megane bulbs please, this is such an overstated problem.

You can do it yourself with small hands but Renault Sandyford will do the headlight including bulb for €12, I would imagine the indicator is much the same.

No appointment required, just call in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭bensoneb

Thanks a million for the feedback folks. Will give it a go before bringing it to Sandyford.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,949 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

My other half's Honda is a bit like that. Access panel inside the wheelarch of all places!! :rolleyes:

My Passat isn't much better - the old B5.5 wasn't too bad, but the newer B6 is a right pain to do. Who was the GENIUS that decided putting the water bottle right behind the access hole to the driver's side lights was a good idea?? :mad:

Advertisement