Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancelling Setanta Sports

Options
  • 23-06-2009 9:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭

Has anyone else tried to do this ?

Was on the phone to them the weekend for 30mins for them to tell me I have to send a email to cancel it.

Would you advise i cancel my DD after the 30days from sending the email.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭poindexter

Dubliner28 wrote: »
    Has anyone else tried to do this ?

Was on the phone to them the weekend for 30mins for them to tell me I have to send a email to cancel it.

Would you advise i cancel my DD after the 30days from sending the email.
    cancel the DD just now. i first rang this morning and chose the option of being a new customer and phone was answered in quick time. when i told them the nature of my call i was told i had to call another part, done this and as i'm a sky subscriber i had to get my viewing card number first, and like yourself was on for over half an hour. he offered me it for 15 a month i said no, then said 10 i said no and he gave it to me for 5 a month for 3 month. sure if it goes belly up, when i cancel it will only cost a fiver, and i still have Celtic telly and horse racing. epl rights been sold to espn, who are included in the setanta package so wait and see.

but yes, they are a problem to cancel with.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Do i not need 30 days

I cant seem them replying to my email so i dont no what to do

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

poindexter wrote: »
    epl rights been sold to espn, who are included in the setanta package so wait and see.

You're confusing ESPN with NASN, I'm afraid. ESPN is only on satellite so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭poindexter

You're confusing ESPN with NASN, I'm afraid. ESPN is only on satellite so far.
    i am indeed, my bad :o

EPL is of no interest to me anyway, it's the SPL games i'm looking for

• Registered Users Posts: 7,155 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

AFAIK the SFA took back the rights to the SPL,they aren't owned by anyone at the moment

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭JohnC.

Setanta are now in administration. So I think 30 days notice is moot at this point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

Kahless wrote: »
    Setanta are now in administration. So I think 30 days notice is moot at this point.

They have also stopped all Direct debits and payments meaning they wont take anymore money from you.

Also the ESPN America Channel that was once NASN is actually owned by ESPN and has nothing to do with Setanta other than the fact they were looking after it temporarily. They setup in London this year and ESPN on Sky 417 will still be there long after Setanta are gone.

Just spoke to a buddy Setanta Ireland are still going Setanta UK are gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭jonnner

They have also stopped all Direct debits and payments meaning they wont take anymore money from you.

Also the ESPN America Channel that was once NASN is actually owned by ESPN and has nothing to do with Setanta other than the fact they were looking after it temporarily. They setup in London this year and ESPN on Sky 417 will still be there long after Setanta are gone.

Just spoke to a buddy Setanta Ireland are still going Setanta UK are gone.

Well if Setanta Ireland are still going will they continue debiting subscriptions?
    I have been meaning to cancel mine for ages but I hear it is a nightmare to get out of.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Kahless wrote: »

Does this apply for us,(Irish Customers)
    I have sent in the request to cancel but have heard nothing.
    Can i go ahead and cancel my DD anyway - 30 days from yesterday ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

If everyone cancels their subs, Setanta Ireland WILL go out of business.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

They're doing €5 for 3 months as mentioned above.

Didn't have to put up much fight to get it, need to make sure they actually follow it up on next billing date.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

Would anyone have the email address to cancel Setanta. It would save me the half hour on the phone.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Would anyone have the email address to cancel Setanta. It would save me the half hour on the phone.

Thanks.

Here it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭cruizer22b

Bluetonic wrote: »
    Here it is.

lol classic.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

I did Google it. It gave me this thread.

Hence my question. I could do without paying for a 30 minute phone call to get an email address.

Advertisement