Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Burnaby Mews - NTL Digital available?

Options
  • 23-06-2009 10:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭

Hi,

am moving into a flat in Burnaby Mews in July and was wondering if anyone on here knows whether or not NTL Digital is available there.

Have been told it was but rang NTL and they say it's cable only.

From previous experience, I'm slow to believe anything I'm told by NTL so wanted to see if anyone on here would know whether NTL Digital is available in the Mews.

If it's not, have I any options re getting Sky Sports into the place?

Let me know,

gh.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Hi,

am moving into a flat in Burnaby Mews in July and was wondering if anyone on here knows whether or not NTL Digital is available there.

Have been told it was but rang NTL and they say it's cable only.

From previous experience, I'm slow to believe anything I'm told by NTL so wanted to see if anyone on here would know whether NTL Digital is available in the Mews.

If it's not, have I any options re getting Sky Sports into the place?

Let me know,

gh.

The apartment complex there behind Merdian, Burnaby Mews, should have some sort of cable/sat TV provider, be it UPC (NTL), Sky communal dish, or even Broadworks, you will still be able to get Sky Sports as a package.

I couldn't imagine there being no TV service whatsoever!

Edit********

new information, happen to know a friend of a friend...this person did have NTL but switched to Sky, there are 6 of them using a communal sky dish. So it looks like you have options, unlike the Charlesland Development

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

Thanks for the info, astrofluff - I'll look into that so.

Since my original post I realised that what NTL were telling me was that while I could get cable with them (and hence Sky Sports...), I couldn't get NTL digital services such as broadband.

Anyhow, think I might go with Sky if that's available but will have to check out the pricing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

How long ago did you enquire about broadband? Boradband by UPC in Greystones has only recently been enabled - so there may be that service available by now.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 homerj24

Im moving to burnaby mews next month, is there sky? and good broadband?? many thanks for any info

Cheers

Advertisement