Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

project model help

• 23-06-2009 10:10am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭

I have an idea for a shoot with a model in a rapeseed field. Got the model (a friend) for this weekend sooner than I thought. Looking at a slight glamour theme. Any advice would be appreciated on set up as I now feel I have probably bitten off more than I thought. Equipment available 40d, Flash, 50mm 1.8, 28-135 f4, Sigma 10 20, 70-300 is and some filters polariser and n-grad.
    Help:confused:

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

have a gander at strobist.com for tips on off camera lighting. equip seems grand

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

I'd say you have enough equipment for the job.

Either use the 50mm or the 24-135mm lens. f/4 should give a decent DOF, and a nice background blur. Or shoot at 50mm f/1.8 and have a dramatic blur.

Just watch the background in your image.

Have fun with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Crispin

I have an idea for a shoot with a model in a rapeseed field. Got the model (a friend) for this weekend sooner than I thought. Looking at a slight glamour theme. Any advice would be appreciated on set up as I now feel I have probably bitten off more than I thought. Equipment available 40d, Flash, 50mm 1.8, 28-135 f4, Sigma 10 20, 70-300 is and some filters polariser and n-grad.
    Help:confused:

Rape seed is like an impenetrable barrier. You wont get far into the crop if it's of any height. Interesting colour as a background though. Good luck :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Ballyman

And you;ll have to wait until next year as well!!

I would imagine all the rapeseed has now turned brown at this stage. May is usually the best month for the bright yellow colour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭bernard0368

Thanks lads, It may not be rapeseed but it is one hell of a yellow field and it was still there tonight:D. I am sure it will last till friday. God only knows what I am doing here but if you stop learning you die

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭clive_odonohoe

I did a shoot in a rapeseed field before, and when the day came to shooting it, the field was nearly bare compared to when I scouted the location. But all was not lost, their was another field beside this one so it was ok. :pac:

Advertisement