Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Moon world record image

• 23-06-2009 11:00am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭

Have a look at this stunning pic of the moon
    http://www.lunarworldrecord.com/index.php

A team shot over a million frames of AVI and processed them into nearly 1000 image frames before merging them into a mosaic.

The final image has a resolution of 87.4 megapixel and the detail is amazing!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Crispin

Have a look at this stunning pic of the moon
    http://www.lunarworldrecord.com/index.php

A team shot over a million frames of AVI and processed them into nearly 1000 image frames before merging them into a mosaic.

The final image has a resolution of 87.4 megapixel and the detail is amazing!

I was half expecting little danbo sat on the moon from your post there longshanks :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

wow, thats cool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

Crispin wrote: »
    I was half expecting little danbo sat on the moon from your post there longshanks :D
    danbo on the brain :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Crispin

danbo on the brain :D:D:D

Yep- he's got caught up in Hong Kong :( ha ha.

but in all seriousness: moon shot is unbelievable. i am loathed to even stitch up a panorama with a few shots. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

coolest moon pic ive ecer seen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

Great link.........
    I'd say some SERIOUS processing power was needed !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Valentia

Makes you glad we have an atmosphere! The lunar buggy still looks like new ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 nickhowes

Many thanks guys. As a member of the team it was a mammoth job. We got down to 500m resolution (about 1/7th of what Hubble can do) and it took about 4 weeks of processing, and then 50 hours just to compile the final image.

Advertisement