Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Audi A4-bulbs gone.

• 23-06-2009 11:09am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭

I have a 2001 Audi A4.

Within the past week i have the right dipped headlight and the right brake light gone so they need replacing. I wouldn't have a clue how to do this so will need to get it done.
    I'm close to a main dealer...would this be costly to get done? Would i be better off going to a small garage or what do ye think?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

If you have a manual the instructions are there. If not a small garage yes. Main dealer for a bulb is utter madness:D

Some cars can be overly complicated to change a bulb and I dont know what the situation is with A4's but often it's a simple process. Take a cover off, take bulb out and swap it over

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,558 ✭✭✭Heroditas

aster99 wrote: »
    I have a 2001 Audi A4.

Within the past week i have the right dipped headlight and the right brake light gone so they need replacing. I wouldn't have a clue how to do this so will need to get it done.
    I'm close to a main dealer...would this be costly to get done? Would i be better off going to a small garage or what do ye think?

There's a few videos on Youtube showing how to change rear bulbs. It takes about 5 or 6 minutes and is surprisingly easy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,135 ✭✭✭Moanin

EPM wrote: »
    If you have a manual the instructions are there. If not a small garage yes. Main dealer for a bulb is utter madness:D

Some cars can be overly complicated to change a bulb and I dont know what the situation is with A4's but often it's a simple process. Take a cover off, take bulb out and swap it over

There are actually no instructions in the user manual as to how to change the bulbs but if you do a google you will find step by step instructions (Including Pics) as to how to replace a bulb in the rear cluster.

It depends on what side the dimmerbulb is blown. I remember changing one in my old A4 on I think the drivers side and it was a pain in the A**

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Merch

Sometimes bulbs can be awkward to get to, but no more than for a garage.
    I'd look it up online first as some people have recommended.

It is not a difficult thing to do, but can be difficult to access.

At the very least I'd try it yourself first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,592 ✭✭✭tossy

Is it a B5 or B6 A4 the changed over in 01 if its a B5 TDI you need to remove a boost pipe to change drivers side bulb,not a biggie at all,it can look daunting when you first look in,but the pipe just pops out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭aster99

its the newer model of the 01 version. I have another question which may be silly to some people but where would i get the correct bulbs? would they cost much?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Local motor factors or any decent service station will have them.

Actually, if you're nice to the people in the motor factors they might fit them for you. Halfords have this service too but I'd rather leave my car to its own devices with a wrecking ball than leave those chimps near it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Merch

I wouldn't let halfords staff near my car
    They have good guides for the bulb types and anything else you need for your car,
    Motor factors will do same, but as for fitting them, not so sure maybe you might get some really really friendly types but if they are difficult to access to fit I cant see that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,592 ✭✭✭tossy

EPM wrote: »
    Local motor factors or any decent service station will have them.

Actually, if you're nice to the people in the motor factors they might fit them for you. Halfords have this service too but I'd rather leave my car to its own devices with a wrecking ball than leave those chimps near it

:D

I'd rather let the Scissor sisters change my bulbs :)

Advertisement