Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reheating Eggs

Options
  • 23-06-2009 11:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭

Probably a silly question but I want to try omlettes for BF - sick of muesli. Problem is I normally have my BF in work as I don't have enough time in the morning or the stomach to eat for an hour once I wake. I assume if I make an omlettes the night before I can reheat it? Have never reheated eggs apart from when they are in a quiche but I assume its ok?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I'd say it's ok so long as you heat them thoroughly. You can poach eggs and leave them in the fridge overnight, then reheat them in boiling water the next day. And as you say, quiche can be reheated.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

I'd prefer not to reheat an omelette, as it would get cooked another bit, which I wouldn't like.

I'd happily eat a cold omelette.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Yeah, I was also thinking of trying it cold and seeing how that works, thanks for the responses

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭here.from.day.1

Agreed, they can still be fairly nice cold!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

In spain they eat tortillia des patatas cold more often than hot, usually in a bread roll and its yummy.

Make a tortillia des patatas and let it cool then serve big wedges of it with some dressed salad and a spood full of relish, yum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Thanks to everyone who replied, the tortilla is a great idea but trying to do low carb so will not use the potatoes - not really a tortilla then ;)

Advertisement