Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shorter midweek evening rideout

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

KamiKazi wrote: »
    Doubt I'll be able to make this one, binned the bike this morning during the heavy rain :mad:

Sorry to hear that.

What happened?

I was going to go for a ride this morning, but then it started raining...:mad:

so, I am going down the pub to watch the game in a mo :).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

Came around a corner at 30km/h, the road might as well have been covered in ice :rolleyes:

Not good.

How are you? Did you walk away?

How is the bike? Can it be fixed easily?

P.C. wrote: »
    Not good.

How are you? Did you walk away?

How is the bike? Can it be fixed easily?

Bit stiff all over, wrist is turning a nice shade of black :pac:

Bike isn't running, handlebars are in the shape of a boomerang, footpeg is gone, gear linkage is kaput, mirrors are both wrecked, clutch lever bent. I'm sure theres more that I haven't seen yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Sh*t one man, sorry to hear that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭n.catenthusiast

Bike isn't running, handlebars are in the shape of a boomerang, footpeg is gone, gear linkage is kaput, mirrors are both wrecked, clutch lever bent. I'm sure theres more that I haven't seen yet.

That's a sh1t one man. Least you got the first tumble out of the way.

Most of what you said sounds easily fixable.

Bike not running-is engine turning over or completely dead?

Ay least you are OKish.
    Did you get checked out by the Doc?
    If you can make it to your computer to type, then you are OK.

Unfortunately for the bike, what that takes is money - something that I do not have at the moment.

Get it fixed as soon as you can, and get back on the road.

Ah I'll be alright.

I'm buying a Bros 400 tomorrow morning, I'll use that until I get the Super4 back in one piece ;)

Will you be bringing the Bros on Wednesday so? :)

MrJoeSoap wrote: »

I like the way you think :D.

We need to decide on a time and meeting place for Wed.

Zascar has a route all planned.

• Advertisement

That's a sh1t one man. Least you got the first tumble out of the way.

Most of what you said sounds easily fixable.

Bike not running-is engine turning over or completely dead?

It's trying to turn over, I think its a fuel problem but I won't know till I start stripping it down.
    MrJoeSoap wrote: »

All going well, yep.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Sorry to hear about your spill mate, glad your ok. Can never be too careful in the rain..

Zascar wrote: »
    Sorry to hear about your spill mate, glad your ok. Can never be too careful in the rain..

Thanks, was there today where I came off and theres a load of diesel / oil stains on the road. I think the days of hot weather meant all the oil & stuff got soaked into the road, the heavy rain starting washing it up.

Thanks, was there today where I came off and theres a load of diesel / oil stains on the road. I think the days of hot weather meant all the oil & stuff got soaked into the road, the heavy rain starting washing it up.

You are sooo right.

I was out today, and saw a whole lot of oil patches on the road, and more on the round-abouts. Felt the back wheel moving around a bit, so decided to go home and take the car instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭shezzie

would love to join up but i work monday to friday and can work upto 830pm so wont be able to make it sorry - weekend in nice weather is always good

hey p.c. thanks for letting me know appreciation always

ah kamikazi you poor thing my god i hope you are ok - we can always get another bike we cant get another one of us - so at least your ok.....:)

take care everyone tis crazy stupid weather these days....happy riding ...em bike riding i mean...haha

shezzie wrote: »
    would love to join up but i work monday to friday and can work upto 830pm so wont be able to make it sorry - weekend in nice weather is always good

hey p.c. thanks for letting me know appreciation always

ah kamikazi you poor thing my god i hope you are ok - we can always get another bike we cant get another one of us - so at least your ok.....:)

take care everyone tis crazy stupid weather these days....happy riding ...em bike riding i mean...haha

tell your boss you've an important appointment you can't miss ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭shezzie

tell your boss you've an important appointment you can't miss ;)

jeesus i really really wish i could - but they just let go 3 clerks each side of me and dont want to be noticed for any reason - they are planning bout 600 in next while so have to keep the head down......

glad you are ok though..

shezzie wrote: »
    jeesus i really really wish i could - but they just let go 3 clerks each side of me and dont want to be noticed for any reason - they are planning bout 600 in next while so have to keep the head down......

glad you are ok though..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

Hey, Kamikazi, sorry to hear about the spill!

Problem with falling off at low speed is the natural tendency to put out your hand to stop you falling. There is a nasty little bugger of a bone (Scaphoid) which can easily break and whilst it does easily repair, if it goes unnoticed, it can heal incorrectly resulting in it having to be reset.

I only speak from experience - similar to yours apart from on the temporary cat's eyes on the m50 and the rain.

I went to the doc, who sent me to James's with specific instructions for an x-ray for that bone and it cost nothing other than the doc's fees. Turned out I was fine but my wrist was hurting for about a week all told, so if it is paining you at all, do get it checked.

On a lighter note, interesting you heading for a bros. Remember once you get a twin it'll be difficult to go back :pac: Onwards and upwards ...

take it easy.

L.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

Just a quick note, that road from kippure to laragh is majorly crap and bumpy for the first two thirds so take it easy. My poor aul sporty suspension was not impressed with it last time out, fine for any of you'se with big trailie style bikes though :D

I'll see how I go this week whether I make it along or not.

• Advertisement

nereid wrote: »
    Hey, Kamikazi, sorry to hear about the spill!

Problem with falling off at low speed is the natural tendency to put out your hand to stop you falling. There is a nasty little bugger of a bone (Scaphoid) which can easily break and whilst it does easily repair, if it goes unnoticed, it can heal incorrectly resulting in it having to be reset.

Funny you should say that, I low-sided while trying to go left so I fell down on my left side with the bike, but its my right wrist thats sore, must have gotten a thump when the rest of me hit the ground :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

kazi i'll give ya a hand gettin it back on the road, pm me if ya want a hand

Right!

Where are we meeting, and what time?

Seems that the weather should be OKish acording to www.met.ie

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

My suggestion is the Tuning Fork Pub, its fairly easy to get to from town etc, and there is a car park out the back of it - then its 5 mins from the road that heads up the mountains.
    http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=tuning+fork+pub&sll=53.297158,-6.293578&sspn=0.016544,0.038238&ie=UTF8&ll=53.296927,-6.29066&spn=0.016544,0.038238&z=15
    Is that ok or do you want to meet somewhere else?

So who's coming?

My suggestion is the Tuning Fork Pub, its fairly easy to get to from town etc, and there is a car park out the back of it - then its 5 mins from the road that heads up the mountains.
    http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=tuning+fork+pub&sll=53.297158,-6.293578&sspn=0.016544,0.038238&ie=UTF8&ll=53.296927,-6.29066&spn=0.016544,0.038238&z=15
    Is that ok or do you want to meet somewhere else?

So who's coming?

I will be there.*

What time are we meeting?

* unless it is really pissin down.

I'll be there, meet at 6-6.30 maybe?

Weather permitting of course, just once its not raining like it was the other day...

Guys I'm sorry but looks like I'm going to be unable to make the spin tomorrow night. WIll do my best but unlikely at this stage.. :(

Guys I'm sorry but looks like I'm going to be unable to make the spin tomorrow night. WIll do my best but unlikely at this stage.. :(

Pity. :(

What say we meet at 6:30pm, and leave at 7.

Let hope the weather improves.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

sounds like a plan, i shall be there (likewise, if it's not pissing out of the heavens)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 534 ✭✭✭DonkeyRhubarb

Anyone going from anywhere near Raheny? Id be interested in going, but Im not very familiar with the area.

Advertisement