Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shorter midweek evening rideout

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

Anyone going from anywhere near Raheny? Id be interested in going, but Im not very familiar with the area.

Could meet you in town if you want.
    Or somewhere just outside town on the south side - like that petrol station on the South Quays that used to be a Statoil.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 534 ✭✭✭DonkeyRhubarb

That petrol station that used to be rediculously expensive? Near heuston station?

That petrol station that used to be rediculously expensive? Near heuston station?

Thats the one!

Ill see you there then. What time? What u be driving? Ill be on a silver Fazer 600.:cool:

6 pm

CBF 600 - red.

See you there.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

Will i be the baby on the 250 then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Tree wrote: »

Nope :o

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

MrJoeSoap wrote: »
    Nope :o
    hurrah \o/

(my girly riding skills will put me right down the bottom of the pile anyway)

Tree wrote: »

My bike is restricted.
    And my brain is restricted - I have a head cold :eek:.
    And I ride slowely.

yet more hurrah \o/

back to work now.

• Advertisement

Maybe we should let AA Roadwatch know about this... so they can warn people.

Is anyone here ok to lead the way? I'm not too familiar with the route myself, I'm such a northsoider.

MrJoeSoap wrote: »
    Maybe we should let AA Roadwatch know about this... so they can warn people.

Is anyone here ok to lead the way? I'm not too familiar with the route myself, I'm such a northsoider.

Don't worry, I will text all the radio stations in Dub :D.

I know the route, and have a map.
    We will have a chat before we leave, and work it all out.

Roll on 6pm :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭n.catenthusiast

Ooohh, Gonna try to make this one.

Gotta get outta work pretty pronto though.

(sent you a PM P.C!)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

Have fun guys ;)

I'm not a fast driver as well, so no worries. I used to be on my YBR 125 and Ninja 250, but on the 600 Ive calmed right down. This way I dont get killed as easily, so its a no brainer:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭shezzie

hey guys - just wanted to say have a great and safe ride - me cant go hubby working (he is the rider me is the pillion)

we have a ninja 636 -

Ill see you there then. What time? What u be driving? Ill be on a silver Fazer 600.:cool:
    P.C. wrote: »
    6 pm

CBF 600 - red.

See you there.

Lads I might try and meet you there, but don't wait around for me. If I'm not there I'll be at the Tuning Fork for 6.30 anyway (provided I find it :))

PS - Silver '02 Varadero.

Grand MrJoeSoap, Ill keep an eye out for you.

shezzie wrote: »
    hey guys - just wanted to say have a great and safe ride - me cant go hubby working (he is the rider me is the pillion)

we have a ninja 636 -

Have I seen you out by Portmarnock at any stage at all? There was a 636 Ninja I noticed there when I was on my Ninja 250.

Have I seen you out by Portmarnock at any stage at all? There was a 636 Ninja I noticed there when I was on my Ninja 250.

nope not us - havent been out on the bike that direction yet - mainly town blanch coolock raheny areas

• Advertisement

Great Run! :D

Pics will be up shortly.

Good to meet you all.

Get down on your knees and look at the notch!

hey i know this has probably been done to absolute death on the various forums and maybe i should not be so lazy and look up the other biker.. pages but what bout the bikers of us meeting up and having a few beers swapping the stories and the bike highs and lows etc etc just bikers for once ....or twice ...ot trice or whatever.....

glad ye enjoyed your ride - looking forward to seeing the photos

heh, i had forgotten that donkeyrhubarb, after watching you get your "this is the mainstand" lessons :)

100km door to door, all enjoyable, apart from the fly in the eye in ballymount, and me nearly home.

shezzie wrote: »
    meeting up and having a few beers swapping the stories

I'm always up for a Guinness, but I find it hard to get anywhere without actually having my bike. But if the location were central enough, eg town and I didnt hate the pub, Id surely be up for it!

Tree - quiet you!

That mainstand is just not a friendly mainstand, simple as. Ill start another thread soon with suggestions for the next midweek, evening ride out. Not quite as long, but with enough to keep everyone happy:)

I'm always up for a Guinness, but I find it hard to get anywhere without actually having my bike. But if the location were central enough, eg town and I didnt hate the pub, Id surely be up for it!

dublin city centre is fine by me - what bout anyone else - upstairs in the oval is ok - fit plenty of people - like our own semi private area

shezzie, get a new thread going on this. Some people may see the amount of posts on this and not bother to 'catch up' on the conversation.

First pic:

picture.php?albumid=100&pictureid=3426

From left to right:
    Tree, DonkeyRhubarb and MrJoeSoap

• Advertisement

shezzie, get a new thread going on this. Some people may see the amount of posts on this and not bother to 'catch up' on the conversation.

just have - though not good at starting these threads so waffled on

Advertisement