Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free parking near Mardyke Arena

Options
  • 23-06-2009 11:16am
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Does anyone know if there's free parking near the Mardyke arena? I'll be out there for a few hours, but not in the gym so I can't use the car park there. Isn't there a church or something nearby with a car park?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Off the top of my head the closest would probably be up on Shankiel Hill, or behind County Hall, the road to the right of the old Jaguar garage in Victoria's Cross.

There's parking in the UCC car park for €2 an hour maybe less as well.

By the way, could I PM you I'm trying to find out a few things about Edinburgh?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

razorblunt wrote: »
    Off the top of my head the closest would probably be up on Shankiel Hill, or behind County Hall, the road to the right of the old Jaguar garage in Victoria's Cross.

There's parking in the UCC car park for €2 an hour maybe less as well.

By the way, could I PM you I'm trying to find out a few things about Edinburgh?

Cheers. Yeah, go ahead and PM me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭SomeFool

At the end of the western road there is an AIB, there is also a church across the road there. I think both have free parking. The Mardyke is just a minutes walk.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

There's chance of been clamped in that AIB, I'd say from the signs. I'd be tempted though

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭lostinsuperfunk

During the daytime you could get clamped in the church or the AIB. I've used the AIB when it's closed and have had no problem. There is free street parking outside the disc parking zone on the Lee Road, across the river, out of town (less than 10 minutes' walk away).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

The Chinese up by the crows nest has a few spots and they won't say a word

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Thanks for all the replies, I've got it sorted :).

Advertisement