Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much would an Astro Park Cost to build?

Options
  • 23-06-2009 11:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

Just throwing the above out there.
    I've noticed that Limerick City doesn't have an astro park similar to say the one in Tallaght.It is something I feel that would be a useful addition-maybe somewhere on the northside out by Coonagh perhaps.
    The thing about 5 a side is guys who might not be fit will come along if their mates are playing-not often the case when it's a gym.
    It seems like something that could make money.
    I know there's all weather pitches in moylish & UL but say 12 or 13 five a sides with maybe a sportsbar added on would be good.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 391 ✭✭Sunn

whats the point when UL and LIT are barely used.

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭puntosporting

There is an all weater in corbally,ul,moylish,mungret and villiers school all open to public there may be more!
    Dont think there is demand for any more realy?

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Roadend

Sunn wrote: »
    whats the point when UL and LIT are barely used.

Their surfaces are attrocious, I'm nor surprised they're barely used. On the cost, there's a new enough one out past corbally on the road to Ardnacrusha, if I remember correctly he said it cost close to 1.5m to do it. It is a huge pitch and not broken down like the one in castletroy college.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 smashingred

More than enough so!!That's blown my theory out of the water!!
    Is there one out near Knocklisheen aswell?
    I think Limerick FC have it?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Roadend wrote: »
    Their surfaces are attrocious, I'm nor surprised they're barely used. On the cost, there's a new enough one out past corbally on the road to Ardnacrusha, if I remember correctly he said it cost close to 1.5m to do it. It is a huge pitch and not broken down like the one in castletroy college.

The one in UL is pretty good IMO,i was there 2 days ago playing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Soulcrew09

I think Limerick FC have it?

Your thinking of Seancoill (spelling?) across the road from Corbally Uniteds Pitch (bear with me) in Parteen.
    Full length all weather pitch used by soccer and Gaa clubs.

Limerick FC have plans for one in Knocklisheen in the next few years but theres nothing there now.

Apparantly a few years back the FAI were giving Junior clubs around the town money to build some, but they couldnt agree between themselves who was to get them.

Advertisement