Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Guitar Hero 3 Legend of rock problem

• 23-06-2009 12:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭

got Guitar hero for crimbo. guitar and all and game included.

went to trade it in in feb didnt have it with me but asked got offered 40euro.

went to trade it in last week got offered 16 to 20euro.

Sorry but is nothing worth anything anymore ?

never opened what so ever. reason for not playing Played rock band at crimbo and would not want to play guitar after playing it. rock band is so good.

would like any ideas what to do with it now.

I want the rock band guitar big time. and have this siting here

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Wow, that is a problem...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭thealltimelow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

I know many including myself actually prefer the guitar hero guitars in rock band. Even though the lower slider buttons don't work in rock band. (they would be the solo bottons on the RB guitar.) And i've been using the GH2 Xplorer guitar for the last while too. Much prefer it to the RB fender.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

bongotime wrote: »
    wow that guitar is cheap. is there any guitar the same as it that works perfect for rock band. I bought the rock band game so wanna get rid of guitar. that guitar looks cool

Im using an Xplorer i got fro €15 in argos a few months back , works perfectly in RB 1+2 and all GH games, only thing is there are no solo buttons on it , and the slider buttons on the world tour one dont work in RB games, but you dont 'really' need them.

see the chart linked here http://community.guitarhero.com/forums/14/forum_topics/996836 in this thread

I should add regards drums, that even though the GH drums work fine in rock band , they are just not fun as the layouts are different and as such what should be an easy some in RB can be come a nightmare with GH drums :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5 P-Train

Well, what I'd suggest is that you try get your hands on 1 of the guitars with the solo buttons....I had my guitar hero 3 controller and bought world tour (game only) and was an absolute nightmare on some songs, you can't finish them, unless you're the next Slash or somethin :P but I much prefer the GH guitars to the RB 1s.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

got Guitar hero for crimbo. guitar and all and game included.

went to trade it in in feb didnt have it with me but asked got offered 40euro.

went to trade it in last week got offered 16 to 20euro.

Sorry but is nothing worth anything anymore ?

Around Christmas time, it was near impossible to find a Guitar Hero: World Tour guitar. That meant retailers were able to get away with charging high prices for the GH3 equipment. After Christmas, most retailers slashed the prices of the GH3 pack once the World Tour started arriving in again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

As advised your best bet would be to use Adverts.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

You gotta remember, Guitar Hero III came out, when? September/October 2007? Nearly two years ago, so you're not gonna get offered a lot for it by shops now, especially as the value dips considerably over time.

Get a second hand copy of RB1 or RB2 and use the GH III guitar with it instead. The RB1 guitars strum bars are notorious for going anyway and i don't think the RB 2 instruments are available in this country (despite being around for the guts of a year in the US) :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭bongotime

hey Lads Im using the guitar on rock band two. only thing that sucks is not havin the rock out button. but its cool

so using away I got the wireless mic for it. can't get it two work. the light is coming up for it, and its making a little sound in my ear. but can't get it to work.

Advertisement