Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats your opinion on drugs and the OH??

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

valery wrote: »
    what Im saying is to hell with alcohol , the thread is about drugs.....illegal drugs . addiction , crime, prostitution, murder,the result illegal drugs. please dont bull****e me about booze.

Alcohol IS a drug.

Also, google "prohibition of alcohol."

There was just as much taboo and crime related to alcohol as there were drugs when it was made illegal. The only reason there's so much utter BS tied to drugs like pot and hash is BECAUSE they're illegal and people aren't properly educated about them. If the governments would get their heads out their arses and legalize them the crime behind them would drop significantly, like with what happened with alcohol.

When alcohol was prohibited there was addiction (still is), crime, murder, gangs, guns.

Do some research before you spout out all this Reefer Madness propaganda. You're wrong, and you need to open your eyes and learn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

what Im saying is to hell with alcohol , the thread is about drugs.....illegal drugs . addiction , crime, prostitution, murder,the result illegal drugs. please dont bull****e me about booze.

Yes it is, but you made a comment about how "drugs" and "responsible" don't belong in the same sentence, you never limited that to illegal drugs so i asked you a simple question.

I have also given my own account about how it is perfectly possible to keep a healthy relationship with drugs.

So, the absolute of your statement is refuted by the basics of my life.

In short, you're wrong.
    liah wrote: »
    Do some research before you spout out all this Reefer Madness propaganda. You're wrong, and you need to open your eyes and learn.

Speaking of Reefer Madness,check out the Musical. It's incredible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭valery

Dragan wrote: »
    Yes it is, but you made a comment about how "drugs" and "responsible" don't belong in the same sentence, you never limited that to illegal drugs so i asked you a simple question.

I have also given my own account about how it is perfectly possible to keep a healthy relationship with drugs.

So, the absolute of your statement is refuted by the basics of my life.

In short, you're wrong.

Speaking of Reefer Madness,check out the Musical. It's incredible.

Tell me Im wrong all you like. what I am saying to you now is any involvement in illegal drugs is involvement in murder. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Look at all the legal unethical industries - footwear, clothing, coffee, cocoa, tobacco, Coca Cola... consider the untold misery these cause. But it's ok, because they're legal?

Some of the ignorance and... sheer stupidity frankly on both sides here is pretty full-on.
    As for me, no problem with occasional use of anything really (bar heroin, crack or crystal meth but none of these are easily available where I am anyway) once it doesn't have a negative effect on him. I'm aware of the dangers of cocaine and LSD/magic mushrooms but some people can handle the odd line (wouldn't be happy about much more than that) and hallucinogenics agree with some people also. And as long as it's strictly for a bit of fun now and again and not the aim every time there's a social occasion.
    And yeah, people just do the above for kicks - it's not necessarily a sign at all of deeper issues. It's fun, like alcohol is. Going for drinks isn't a sign of having deeper issues.
    I find people who have never taken drugs alien and slightly scary! You have to watch your P's and Q's with them!
    TheSprawl wrote: »
    Yeah, I do too. Gotta be careful what you say around them. It's a mindset I have some difficultly understanding.
    LOL - judgemental and presumptuous much?
    I've smoked the very odd bit of doob and that's it. Never touched amphetamines or hallucinogenics and don't plan to (simply because I don't think they would suit me personally)... yet I don't have a problem with other people's choices - in fact most of my most beloved friends do, or have done, drugs... so your "theory" fails. In fact, you have simply proven yourselves, with those statements, to fit into the stereotype of a drug-user who looks down on people who don't do drugs because they're not "cool" enough for them. Didn't think such people existed past undergrad age...
    And please don't back-track with "I was only referring to people who are 'OMG, drugs are bad mmmkay?!'", you specifically referred to people who have never taken drugs. Guess the mind-opening aspect of the experience missed you two out... ;)
    sorry Liah, apart from alcoholism cant agree with ya there . the words responsible and drugs dont belong in the same sentence. not in the real world. :)
    Yes they do - people can take drugs responsibly, just like people can drink alcohol responsibly. Thinking drugs are evil and bad and dangerous full stop is dreadfully naive.
    CiaranC wrote: »
    Imagine going through life without ever having tried any drug, its bizarre.
    /shrug
    Perhaps bizarre to you, but you're not everyone else.
    Im not suggesting that making a personal choice not to take narcotics means you have a closed mind, Im taking about people who castigate others for making a choice that is different to theirs, based on some Joe Duffy oul wan style perception of drugs=bad.

Some of the uninformed, hysterical nonsense about drugs in this thread points to the latter.
    Kinda looks like back-tracking - you weren't so specific earlier. Now you say you're referring to people who are really anti-drugs (and I'd be with you on that one) but before that, you only focused on how "bizarre" it is to have never tried narcotics.
    BumbleB wrote: »
    You seem to be the only one here who disagrees with me.
    Where did you get that notion from?
    By the way name some outstanding people who took them who lived to 30.

Phil lynott,Jimi hendrix , Jim Morrison No .
    LOL - ignore all those who lived to 30 and well beyond it why don't you... :D
    It was actually alcohol over-consumption that led to the death of Hendrix. And the others didn't just "take drugs", they were heroin addicts - if you think the two are the same, then seriously... you don't have a particularly great basis on which to argue.
    The path of the drug world is littered with the bodies of the people who thought they were able to handle it.

Youre never fully in control when your driving your car ,same with drugs.I didn't just wake up one day and come to this conclusion.
    I've seen enough evidence to support my viewpoint.
    I see people from school who smoked pot everyday and there are virtual vegetables now.Slow reactions, no willpower to do anything there going nowhere.

Its alright you can go and do your drugs,but don't pretend to be suprised when at 60 your kidney has packed in.

I know a girl shes 23 she started drinking at 13 ,drank a lot and her pancreas went ,now she has to live on water and rice cakes.
    You are referring to people who over-did it - of course if you over-do anything you risk seriously damaging your health, possibly fatally so.
    The disingenuous attempts by the anti drugs lobby to argue their case by naming extreme examples when the vast, vast majority of users don't over-do it... is of no benefit in debates like these.

Alcohol IS a drug.

Also, google "prohibition of alcohol."

There was just as much taboo and crime related to alcohol as there were drugs when it was made illegal. The only reason there's so much utter BS tied to drugs like pot and hash is BECAUSE they're illegal and people aren't properly educated about them. If the governments would get their heads out their arses and legalize them the crime behind them would drop significantly, like with what happened with alcohol.

When alcohol was prohibited there was addiction (still is), crime, murder, gangs, guns.

liah, I was driving through north dublin one morning not too long ago. there was a crime scene being attended by the garda . on the ground was the body of a young man. half of his head was in the garden , his family trying to get to hlm was a particularily sad sight . it later transpired the murder was a drugs hit. all this so some little **** in d,4, could have his coke or some "cool dude " in d.12. could smoke a joint. ANY INVOLVEMENT IN ILLEGAL DRUGS IS TO BE INVOLVED IN MURDER.NO EXCUSES , NO BULL, JUST MURDER. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

liah, I was driving through north dublin one morning not too long ago. there was a crime scene being attended by the garda . on the ground was the body of a young man. half of his head was in the garden , his family trying to get to hlm was a particularily sad sight . it later transpired the murder was a drugs hit. all this so some little **** in d,4, could have his coke or some "cool dude " in d.12. could smoke a joint. ANY INVOLVEMENT IN ILLEGAL DRUGS IS TO BE INVOLVED IN MURDER.NO EXCUSES , NO BULL, JUST MURDER. :)
    Its the criminalisation of narcotics that generates the associated crime. People have been taking stimulants of all kinds since the dawn of time, only now is there a black market and all the associated trappings around it due to its relatively recent prohibition.

So in fact, its the blanket anti- attitudes like yours that keep it criminalised and perpetuates the murder in our streets.

In short, you support MURDER

Because clearly, nobody has ever been murdered because of drink. Nobody has ever been murdered because of religion. Nobody has ever been murdered because of insanity, politics, jealousy, hunger. Drugs are the ONLY REASON LIKE OMG EVER for anything bad in the world.

Again, I urge you to google "alcohol prohibition."

Get a grip. Bad things happen for a variety of reasons. Just as much good comes from drugs as bad. Legalize and regulate, just like we did with alcohol. Bad things still come from alcohol, sure, but not as many as when they were under prohibition.

Don't be so ignorant about the topic. In effect you're supporting all these horrible things because you're supporting ignorance and prohibition instead of legalization and education.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

Please elaborate on who gets killed in the process of growing marijuana or picking mushrooms.

Its the criminalisation of narcotics that generates the associated crime. People have been taking stimulants of all kinds since the dawn of time, only now is there a black market and all the associated trappings around it due to its relatively recent prohibition.

So in fact, its the blanket anti- attitudes like yours that keep it criminalised and perpetuates the murder in our streets.

In short, you support MURDER

:)

Gauge wrote: »
    Please elaborate on who gets killed in the process of growing marijuana or picking mushrooms.

To be fair I (sort of) see what point she's trying to make.

Yes, a lot of bad shít goes down because of drugs-- there is a lot of violence and gang-related stuff that happens because of the money involved.

BUT.

When you get down to the end user who's just happily enjoying a mid afternoon toke with a couple mates for giggles and take away all the crap in between, how is that honestly bad?

If you take away the taboo, take away the illegality, the criminals have nothing left.

I can guarantee you the majority of non-addicted drug users would GLADLY get their drugs from behind the counter at the shop in a completely legal way than have to resort to talking to some seedy chaps only in it for the money. When the support of the method of getting the drugs shifts from the back alleys to display shelves, the crime associated therein will drop drastically.

That's the part she just doesn't get.

It all comes down to education and respect of the drug.

• Advertisement

Gauge wrote: »

Guage, my comments ,as is obvious , are about the illegal use and sale of drugs (narcotics) in this country, not some idiot "growin his/her own" hash.
    oh , the thought of some poor fool picking mushrooms is sad. :)

Because clearly, nobody has ever been murdered because of drink. Nobody has ever been murdered because of religion. Nobody has ever been murdered because of insanity, politics, jealousy, hunger. Drugs are the ONLY REASON LIKE OMG EVER for anything bad in the world.

Again, I urge you to google "alcohol prohibition."

Get a grip. Bad things happen for a variety of reasons. Just as much good comes from drugs as bad. Legalize and regulate, just like we did with alcohol. Bad things still come from alcohol, sure, but not as many as when they were under prohibition.

Don't be so ignorant about the topic. In effect you're supporting all these horrible things because you're supporting ignorance and prohibition instead of legalization and education.

Liah, I respect your views as I do every other view posted on Boards.
    I just cant for the life of me be pro drugs/narcotics in any way. ANY INVOLVEMENT IN ILLEGAL DRUGS IS TO BE INVOLVED IN MURDER. :)

So you've said. Do you do that in real life too? Scream something self-righteous and punctuate it with a smile as if the person on the receiving end is an idiot?

Nobody's saying you should be pro-drugs anyway... just perhaps open your mind a little and be somewhat less judgmental.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

ANY INVOLVEMENT IN ILLEGAL DRUGS IS TO BE INVOLVED IN MURDER. :)
    Guage, my comments ,as is obvious , are about the illegal use and sale of drugs (narcotics) in this country, not some idiot "growin his/her own" hash.

That's a teensy weensy bit contradictory, is it not? Some "idiot" growing his own weed is involved in illegal use of drugs, at least. Am I...uh....I mean...are they involved in murder? :)

Dudess wrote: »
    So you've said. Do you do that in real life too? Scream something self-righteous and punctuate it with a smile as if the person on the receiving end is an idiot?

Nobody's saying you should be pro-drugs anyway... just perhaps open your mind a little and be somewhat less judgmental.

No I dont ( the smilie) sorry if offended. Me trying to show a friendly face to fellow posters. Re. open mindedness , sorry Dudess, cant, seen up front and personal too many times the result of same.

No I dont ( the smilie) sorry if offended. Me trying to show a friendly face to fellow posters. Re. open mindedness , sorry Dudess, cant, seen up front and personal too many times the result of same.

As have I. My father was an absolute tyrant and I have some horrible memories of him being on every drug under the sun and how it affected our family and my mother especially. Usually incredibly violently. That doesn't mean I go around thinking all people who do drugs are murderers. I enjoy a joint once in awhile.

My step-father would get drunk and at least once a week physically and/or sexually abuse me. I can still enjoy a couple of drinks at the pub and don't by any means think everyone who drinks is an abuser or rapist.

I've seen people absolutely destroy themselves with videogame addiction, like my ex did. I still play videogames myself and don't begin to assume that all people who play them are addicts.

I've seen people destroy themselves over their jobs. Their gambling addictions. Their over-eating. Smoking. Lack of eating. Pregnancy.

Just because there are bad individual cases doesn't mean you have any right to tar everyone with the same brush. Every person is an individual and every person reacts to things differently.

Ignorance and shoving it under the carpet never solved anything. People like you just make things worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭snazzy

Personally, I'd just prefer drugs not to be involved in any way.

Saves so much hassle and energy.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭lizzyvera

Prohibition is a complete failure. Countries which have lax drugs laws have less drugs crime. Instead our courts are clogged up with people being tried for something the should be allowed to do if they choose.

I personally think every single person in the whole country should be put through I lie detector and if they've taken illegal drugs. Is it worth prosecuting half a million people?

You know that when anything is repressed in a society it becomes worse. Sex was always seen as dirty in Ireland, but rape was systemic- not just in those children's institutions, but in homes too. Marital rape was only recognised as a crime in the 90s for example.
    Countries with very hard criminal law are often the worst abusers of human rights- China, Iraq, Afghanistan.
    Laws should be there to protect people, not to control them. A lot of people have notions of what people "ought to be like", and try to force them on everyone. People like Valerie see laws as means of controlling people, so if you are doing something against the law (even if a law infringes on your freedom) you are a criminal. For example, if adultery was illegal, she would be against genuine love affairs outside arranged marriage. "It's illegal. You are contributing to criminality and the breakdown of the moral fabric of society, which leads to children with no parents who grow up with no morals." The fact that the law itself is a crime, means nothing to people like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭GirlInterrupted

lizzyvera wrote: »

Laws should be there to protect people, not to control them. A lot of people have notions of what people "ought to be like", and try to force them on everyone. People like Valerie see laws as means of controlling people, so if you are doing something against the law (even if a law infringes on your freedom) you are a criminal. For example, if adultery was illegal, she would be against genuine love affairs outside arranged marriage. "It's illegal. You are contributing to criminality and the breakdown of the moral fabric of society, which leads to children with no parents who grow up with no morals." The fact that the law itself is a crime, means nothing to people like that.

Hmm. You seem to have your own notions of what people 'ought' to be like. And I think telling us what goes on in Valery's head is presumptous at best, and putting words in her mouth at worst.

I don't agree with Valery, or some of the posters on the other side of the debate, but they all have a right to express themselves and not have huge assumptions made about their morality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭wobzilla

Prohibition is a complete failure. Countries which have lax drugs laws have less drugs crime. Instead our courts are clogged up with people being tried for something the should be allowed to do if they choose.

I personally think every single person in the whole country should be put through I lie detector and if they've taken illegal drugs. Is it worth prosecuting half a million people?

You know that when anything is repressed in a society it becomes worse. Sex was always seen as dirty in Ireland, but rape was systemic- not just in those children's institutions, but in homes too. Marital rape was only recognised as a crime in the 90s for example.
    Countries with very hard criminal law are often the worst abusers of human rights- China, Iraq, Afghanistan.

stfu

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Marital rape was only recognised as a crime in the 90s for example.
    Right so should we have lax rape laws so that people can be allowed rape if they like? I mean, if we're restricting their freedoms to do what they like :confused:
    Laws should be there to protect people, not to control them.
    That's kind of why mind-altering substances where people can lose control of their actions and harm others are mostly illegal...
    People like Valerie see laws as means of controlling people
    Glad to see we're not being "catty"
    , so if you are doing something against the law (even if a law infringes on your freedom) you are a criminal.
    Shocking, considering criminal means lawbreaker, eh? what will they come up with next!
    For example, if adultery was illegal, she would be against genuine love affairs outside arranged marriage.
    Arranged marriages have nothing to do with adultery, and we have this wonderful thing called "divorce". Honestly, are you on your drugs now...?
    The fact that the law itself is a crime, means nothing to people like that.
    Uh. crime = action which is legally prohibited.
    Honestly, I was having some respect for your posts til you started with this nonsensical self-contradictory hippy stuff. are you going to tell us having possessions is a crime too? :confused:

As have I. My father was an absolute tyrant and I have some horrible memories of him being on every drug under the sun and how it affected our family and my mother especially. Usually incredibly violently. That doesn't mean I go around thinking all people who do drugs are murderers. I enjoy a joint once in awhile.

My step-father would get drunk and at least once a week physically and/or sexually abuse me. I can still enjoy a couple of drinks at the pub and don't by any means think everyone who drinks is an abuser or rapist.

I've seen people absolutely destroy themselves with videogame addiction, like my ex did. I still play videogames myself and don't begin to assume that all people who play them are addicts.

I've seen people destroy themselves over their jobs. Their gambling addictions. Their over-eating. Smoking. Lack of eating. Pregnancy.

Just because there are bad individual cases doesn't mean you have any right to tar everyone with the same brush. Every person is an individual and every person reacts to things differently.

Ignorance and shoving it under the carpet never solved anything. People like you just make things worse.

oh Liah, just read your post, please believe me , i could never be so brave as you. I hope you dont have to endure that hell anymore. I can see you,i, and our fellow posters are as enthusiastic in our views as one another. You are so open minded where i cant be , i cant even ask you to understand my stance. I now cant post anymore on this thread as i am too upset with so many peoples pro views on drugs . I wish i could have been there for you .

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

wobzilla wrote: »
    stfu

Please have a read of the forum charter as the above post is not acceptable on this forum.

Further violations will earn you a ban.

Ta.

Xiney

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Tell me Im wrong all you like. what I am saying to you now is any involvement in illegal drugs is involvement in murder. :)

LoL, involvement in TONNES of **** is involvement with murder, practical slavery, the stripping of the economies and natural resources of third world countries etc etc etc.

The point has already been raised that by forcing effectively harmless drugs into a prohibitionary status basically means you put them in the full control of criminals.

But it is largely easy to accept the point only in relation to illegal drugs. Look, i'm not so foolish as to think that none of the drugs i use come through dodgey hands, but i am also not so foolish as to believe there are not coming from those sources for a reason.

Look, so far in this thread we have had all the usual rubbish about drugs, from the people who dislike and support them, simple logic will normally work through the points and this thread is no different.

People are entitled to their view and all that but i do find something slightly fractured in your willingness to avoid discussion about logical ways to improve the situation.

It's supply and demand, and there is plenty of demand. The supply will come from somewhere. Do you not think it's better to even flirt with the idea of some mild legalisations....lets say you can home grow one plant per person in a household in safety ( currently the way Amsterdam does it ). This would lead to improved product, less money into criminal gangs, less money spent on the softer drug war and if you tack on a licence to grow like our current TV licence system ( where the people who want to grow purchase a licence, and the licence money is used to fund a body that does spot checks on growers and also covers legal issues and research ) you have a safe and watched systems that is pumping tax money into a flagging economy.

The ability to grow hemp would be a massive boon to our agricultural area's....it's a freaking amazing plant which offers us a LOT in terms of textiles and materials that would be a lot better for the planet than our current methods.

Basically the benefits to the careful process of legalising smoke for homegrowth and hemp as a cash crop would be huge. Add in that marijuana is generally deemed to be less damaging to the health than smoking tobacco and drinking and i don't see how people can simply dismiss the argument.

Similar chains of reason can be applied to various other scheduled but soft substances.

Hmm. You seem to have your own notions of what people 'ought' to be like. And I think telling us what goes on in Valery's head is presumptous at best, and putting words in her mouth at worst.

I don't agree with Valery, or some of the posters on the other side of the debate, but they all have a right to express themselves and not have huge assumptions made about their morality.

No, I think people should be allowed to live their lives whatever way they want provided they're not hurting anyone else. I think people who say they shouldn't are making a massive statement about their own morality. It seems to me to be more about protecting the status quo than about actually doing what's right. I just don't see any point making something illegal when people are going to do it regardless, and it doesn't hurt anyone but themselves. Prohibition does more harm than good. Anyone who looks at the US's alcohol prohibition can see that, and it's the same here for weed.
    Valery's argument is basically- it's the law. Obey it.
    There is no consideration of the harm prohibition is doing, of the fact that most adults who smoke just grow their own (it's a hell of a lot cheaper apparently), of the fact that the law itself is not needed, the fact that countries with lax laws on drug use have lower drug abuse.
    Someone was trying to be funny/clever/sarcastic earlier (while missing the point) saying that "if we had lax laws on rape, wouldn't that be the same thing?". Well no, because rape harms another person. That's the reason it's illegal. Isn't that obvious :confused:

The reason cannabis is illegal is... well it's the law so people assume it's bad for you/society. This isn't really the case.

I can't smoke because three of my uncles who were non-smokers died of lung cancer, so I have a predisposition to it, but I think people should have the right to smoke weed if they want to and it's not harming anyone else. I REALLY don't see the point of the laws.

Added to that the amount of tax wasted prosecuting people, the amount of revenue that could be gained if it was taxed (it could be very highly taxed and still be cheaper than street prices because it changes hands so much before you can get a small useable amount unless you grow it), the jobs that would be created growing it (about 250,000 consumers is a big market), the difficulty it would cause for children who wanted it (I know it was easier to get hash than alcohol when I was underage, because dealers don't care what age you are).

Anyway, I'll come back some day when I wasn't working for 14 hours after 3 hours sleep!

how many people have been found dead with their heads shot off because of a tea bag or a cup of coffee

I don't agree with murder.
    I don't particularly agree with slavery, human trafficking, child labour, or environmental destruction either. (tea, coffee, cocoa)
    And I don't agree with the assassination of workers who speak out against poor work conditions.(certain beverages)
    Just because something is legal here, does not mean there was no criminality or abuse in its production. That is very naive of you, although it's nice you thought you were making an effort. Everyone in the first world has blood on their hands. If you're eating CAP subsidised bread, you're contributing to dire poverty in the developing world. Poverty leads to wars over resources and famine.
    That's not even touching on gems, precious metals, oil. Do you really think nobody is ever killed over oil? The oil used to make the plastic your toothpaste comes in?
    Get off your high horse!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 TheSprawl

Das Kitty wrote: »
    As for having to be careful what you say around people who've never touched drugs, after reading what I've said above do you still think that's true?
    I personally feel uncomfortable discussing drugs with people who've never done them, presuming I know nothing else about the person's views on drugs, because there's a very real chance that their opinion of you will be lowered. I don't mean to say that there cannot exist people who don't take drugs who don't have a problem discussing them or being associated with drug users, but there are a hell of a lot of valeries out there, and for that reason I would be very careful about what I said initially around people I'd met outside circles of drug using friends.
    bluewolf wrote:
    That's kind of why mind-altering substances where people can lose control of their actions and harm others are mostly illegal...
    Drugs are not illegal on this basis.

On that note. I HATE the word "drugs". It excuses the prohibition of benign substances simply because of the existence of more dangerous ones. It lumps every psychoactive substance bar alcohol and tobacco together as the same thing, which is really, really wrong.

Different categories of drugs can be compared and perhaps grouped together. But drugs like LSD, MDMA and weed are so different to each other that having one word for all of them and treating them the same way is retarded.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

TheSprawl wrote: »
    I personally feel uncomfortable discussing drugs with people who've never done them, presuming I know nothing else about the person's views on drugs, because there's a very real chance that their opinion of you will be lowered. I don't mean to say that there cannot exist people who don't take drugs who don't have a problem discussing them or being associated with drug users, but there are a hell of a lot of valeries out there, and for that reason I would be very careful about what I said initially around people I'd met outside circles of drug using friends.

Do you really care that much whether the valeries of this world have a lower opinion of you based on your drug use?

I mean besides the workplace, where else is it important what a person you don't like keeps a good opinion of you? And I seriously doubt you're going to be talking about drug taking at work.

how many people have been found dead with their heads shot off because of a tea bag or a cup of coffee . I doubt if my aunt is gonna belong to a gang of drug pushing knuckle draggers because she got ga ga on a bottle of wine last night NOW READ THIS PLEASE. Because there are fools able to keep their drug consumption to "small amoumts" justifies nothing , for every one of them there are thousands in the gutter dying, most people go from soft to hard drugs ." Responsible Drugtaking " is a contradiction in terms, in the real world. Anyone having anything to do with illegal drugs is involved in MURDER, thats a fact , in the reai world. MURDER !!!!!:)
    The tea and coffee industries are very cruel, exploitative ones indeed, which treat their workers like sh1t. And most people don't go from soft drugs to hard drugs - that is a myth. Drug-taking can be done responsibly also - in the real world.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Dudess wrote: »
    The tea and coffee industries are very cruel, exploitative ones indeed, which treat their workers like sh1t.

Yeah, look at those Nescafé ads where the young, white English kid cause this massive fuss with his black boss over putting the Regular coffee beans in the same sacks as the Instant bags. It's clear that communication in that business is non-existant. Can you imagine such a lack of dialogue in your offices? Truly hell on earth. :(

Advertisement