Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Battery/gas operated hair straighteners...

• 23-06-2009 1:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭

Hi,

Can anyone recommend a good battery operated, or gas cylinder operated, set of hair straighteners...?

I am thinking of investing in some...to stop bad hair days at festivals during the summer!
    I've seen a few different kinds on ebay, but would love to get a recommendation first.

I'm basically looking for ones that can be used without electricity.
    The hotter the temperature, the better! :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭This

Not that my bf has some *cough* *cough*

Braun has a really good range but the gas is hard to come by.... google battery straighteners see what ya can find

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

I have a braun one but it's a hair curler. Got it yeeears ago. It works for straightening hair too at a push. Gas cylinders last ages too. Tbh at festivals you're not supposed to look perfect, the tosseled look is what everyone else will be sporting :P Whether they like it or not...

Oh, this one gets SUPER hot.

This is the one I have. I have thick wavy hair and it worked a treat. Curls stayed in for ages. I realise you're looking for straighteners but I've used this to straighten when out and it's worked no probs.

Also, I've never had problems getting the gas in Boots. I have LOADS of them so if you can't find it let me and I'll post you some or something, I've literally 20 of em that I'll never get around to using. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭Knifey_Spoony

I have a braun one but it's a hair curler. Got it yeeears ago. It works for straightening hair too at a push. Gas cylinders last ages too. Tbh at festivals you're not supposed to look perfect, the tosseled look is what everyone else will be sporting :P Whether they like it or not...

Oh, this one gets SUPER hot.

This is the one I have. I have thick wavy hair and it worked a treat. Curls stayed in for ages. I realise you're looking for straighteners but I've used this to straighten when out and it's worked no probs.

Also, I've never had problems getting the gas in Boots. I have LOADS of them so if you can't find it let me and I'll post you some or something, I've literally 20 of em that I'll never get around to using. :)

Hiya,

Thanks for the reply!

I have a gas cyclinder tongs already that I got yearrrs ago too, and it works really well. I was hoping to get a straighteners that works just aswell :)

I have sported the verrry tossled look at heaps of festivals, but was thinking of getting a portable straightener thingy for this year maybe.
    I'll search around on google and ebay and see what's out there.

Thanks a million for the offer of the gas cylinders though! I'm sure I'll be able to pick some up in Boots though (hopefully).

Thanks again :)

I'll report back on my findings :)

In the meantime, if anyone else has any recommendations, let me know! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Chocoholic84

I think I posted the exact same topic as you a year ago :) In the end, I didn't bother bringing a straightener, instead I just tied my hair up and put a thick cloth hairband on when it got a bit greasy!

In fact, straightening your hair makes it greasier more quickly as well...well that's what I find!

So my recommendation is - leave the straightener @ home and just enjoy yourself without the preening - I did! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Theres a straightener version of this in Tesco for about 49.99, I have seen it working, it gets really hot but the grip isn't very tight.

If your going to Electric Picnic, they had straighteners there last year .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 maryask

I don't recommend that type of straighteners are not good quality and the result is not pin straight hair. I've tried different brands of products and the best straightener I recommend is the Karmin G3 Salon Pro, it works pretty good, removes static and leaves my hair silky and shiny :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 maryask

I don't recommend this type of straighteners, are not good quality and the result is not as expected, if you want better results you should get a professional straightener, that's what I use. I recommend you the best one I've tried, it's the Karmin G3 Salon Pro, it works pretty good, removes static and leaves my hair silky and shiny :):D1

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Zombie. Locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement