Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connecting powerhoses to new taps...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭leex

Water pressure wouldn't be strong enough from your bathroom tap anyway I'd say. Cold kitchen tap is normally taken off mains so that would be a runner if you can obtain a water tight sealed connection.

Water source is a well...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

ya need an ouside tap to run it off , what type of power hose is it , the electric pressure washers run off a tap , bigger petrol powered ones can be used with a bin full of water.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

You can buy a device in atlantic in the garden section that can be used to connect to the kitchen tap. I dont know what its called and i cant describe it very well but it goes over the mixer head. Just be careful not to turn on the hot and cold water because what happens is the mains pressure from the cold sends all the cold water up the hot spout when you have it connected to the pressure washer.

Hope this helps

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Rehau-REH247704-Hose-Tap-Connector/dp/B0001P0MVQ

Just found an image. The head is usually black or green instead of yellow

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

You need a good flow with a powerwasher, otherwise you will damage the pump if it runs without water.
    probably your best bet is to get a 200l barrel, plastic is best and start filling that with your tap, once the barrel is near full start washing with the tap refilling it constantly.
    I don't think a kitchen mixer will flow anywhere near enough for a powerwasher, they only have tiny holes inside the mixer valve.
    You can get clamp-on sink tap-hose attachments but they are pretty gimmicky.
    Do you have no external tap you could use at all?

• Advertisement

CJhaughey wrote: »
    You need a good flow with a powerwasher, otherwise you will damage the pump if it runs without water.
    probably your best bet is to get a 200l barrel, plastic is best and start filling that with your tap, once the barrel is near full start washing with the tap refilling it constantly.
    I don't think a kitchen mixer will flow anywhere near enough for a powerwasher, they only have tiny holes inside the mixer valve.
    You can get clamp-on sink tap-hose attachments but they are pretty gimmicky.
    Do you have no external tap you could use at all?

+1

but from the sounds of it I think he is trying to avoid the expense.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

+1

but from the sounds of it I think he is trying to avoid the expense.

A barrel is a lot cheaper than a powerwasher pump!

CJhaughey wrote: »
    A barrel is a lot cheaper than a powerwasher pump!

That makes no sense the op wants a power washer and I never mentioned a pump?

Advertisement