Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help Needed - Sky & Landline & Broadband

Options
  • 23-06-2009 2:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭

Hi

Apologies is this is in the wrong section but was wondering if anyone had any ideas. When we moved into our house we had to get an landline (Eircom) for our monitored alarm. We then got Sky tv which I believe relies on a landline and then we switched to an Imagine package for landline and broadband. Like many others, we never use the landline but we are paying about €45 per month to Imagine and €60 to Sky. Need to try reduce as many bills as possible ;) NTL is not an option due to our location and Chorus is rubbish so we want to keep Sky.

What I am asking is, is there a package out there that can give me line rental only (without a call package for mobiles, land line calls etc.) or do Sky do an all-in package to include line rental, broadband and tv?

Sorry if this has been asked before but have trawled through posts and cannot find anything!:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Sky don't do broadband. You can get broadband an line rental (no calls) from any provider, including Imagine.

Why are you paying 60euro a month for Sky? That's madness, for channels that are mostly free.

Chorus and NTL are the same company now (UPC) and they are the only widely available company doing all 3. Smart and Magnet do some triple-play, but in limited locations.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Pflano

jor el wrote: »
    Sky don't do broadband. You can get broadband an line rental (no calls) from any provider, including Imagine.

Why are you paying 60euro a month for Sky? That's madness, for channels that are mostly free.

Chorus and NTL are the same company now (UPC) and they are the only widely available company doing all 3. Smart and Magnet do some triple-play, but in limited locations.

Thanks for the reply. Yes, €60 does seem excessive - I'm going to look into what exactly was included in this package and see if I can reduce it. Will try Smart and Magnet too and will also see if I can reduce the Imagine bill by excluding any calls!:)

Advertisement