Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anti Lag... Legal or Illegal

• 23-06-2009 2:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,788 ✭✭✭

is it legal to have an anti lag system on a road going turbo charged car?

Yay or Nay

FYI for those of you that do not know how it works.
    basically fuel is detonated in the exhaust manifold to spool up the turbo quicker.

A by product from this is a few loud pops and bangs from the exhaust and the occasional spark.

I would imagine it is Illegal. (Definitely frowned upon)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭John-Holmes

Illegal in the north as far as I know lad.

grahambo wrote: »
    is it legal to have an anti lag system on a road going turbo charged car?

Yay or Nay

FYI for those of you that do not know how it works.
    basically fuel is detonated in the exhaust manifold to spool up the turbo quicker.

A by product from this is a few loud pops and bangs from the exhaust and the occasional spark.

I would imagine it is Illegal. (Definitely frowned upon)

A lot of modified cars will bang and flame from the exhaust anyway as they are usually set up to over fuel a bit for safety. So I dont see how it would be found out legal or not.

A friend of mine never had any hassle and his exhaust pops seriously loud and also flames at times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭JimmyCrackCorn!

Anti lag is legal.

Im sure its illegal though to drive around with it on as the law states that the noise must be reasonable. With anti lag noise is in no way reasonable.

Turbo cars will bang and pop if there dumping fuel into the exhaust and it gets hot enough but it wont happen all the time when you lift.

TBH i cant see anyone using anti-lag on a road car for long as the turbo will cook itself very quickly. Rally cars have specially designed shafts and even they warp.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

I heard an Altezza yesterday which had anti-lag (either that or it was seriously bolloxed) - very handy for going to the Credit Union! :confused:

I heard an Altezza yesterday which had anti-lag (either that or it was seriously bolloxed) - very handy for going to the Credit Union! :confused:

Either its broke now or itll cook itself soon. Either way itll end up buggered

Turbos arnt designed for 1000degc+

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,788 ✭✭✭Beta Ray Bill

are altezzas turbo charged?

grahambo wrote: »
    are altezzas turbo charged?

No, unless its an after market turbo which is unlikely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

It looked like it had an intercooler and some other fancy crap, so had either a turbo kit or a 2JZ-GTE swap

No, unless its an after market turbo which is unlikely.

Quite likely iv see two in ireland. (off topic)

Blitz and greddy do off the shelf kits

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

plus you look like an utter prat

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

^How bad.

Theirs quiet a few turbo altezzas around, starting to get alot more popular recently. Anyway, afaik its legal so.

Advertisement